chapter one: torn

"she was a hero, but she never saw herself that way

"she was a hero, but she never saw herself that way. to her, the true heroes were the ones that never made it home. she fought for them, for their memory, for their sacrifice. and though she may have survived the war, she never forgot the ones who didn't"

_________

The post-war period in the wizarding world was marked by a time of healing and rebuilding. The Battle of Hogwarts had left a deep scar on the magical community, and it would take time for everyone to come to terms with the loss of loved ones and the destruction of their homes.

For Luna Lovegood, the post-war period was a time of both triumph and sadness. On one hand, she was thrilled to have played a part in the defeat of Lord Voldemort and the death eaters. She had fought courageously alongside her friends and had helped to turn the tide of the battle in their favor.

However, Luna had also lost her father, Xenophillius Lovegood, in the battle. Despite his often misguided beliefs, Luna had loved her father deeply, and his death left her feeling lost and alone.

Her father had been the editor of the Quibbler, a magazine that featured articles on strange creatures and unusual phenomenas. Luna had grown up helping her father write and edit the magazine, and it had become part of her life.

But with her father gone, Luna wasn't sure what would become of the Quibbler. She knew that her father's death had left a hole in the wizarding community, and she left a deep sense of responsibility to continue his work.

So, during the year after the war ended, Luna decided to take over as editor of the Quibbler. She threw herself into the work, pouring her heart and soul into each issue. In a way, working on the Quibbler allowed Luna to mourn her father's death in a way that felt natural to her. She was able to channel her grief into her work, using her creativity and passion to honor her father's legacy and keep his spirit alive.

So Luna Lovegood sat on her porch, her long blonde hair falling over her shoulders as she worked on the latest issue of the Quibbler. She wore a simple, flowy dress that swirled around her as the breeze blew, still embracing her unique and whimsical sense of style.

Since the war had finished, Luna's appearance had changed somewhat. Her once dreamy expression was now tinged with a sadness that she couldn't quite shake, and her eyes held a depth of understanding that came from having witnessed so much pain and suffering. But despite the sadness, Luna's face still held a sense of wonder and curiousity, as if she was always searching for the beauty in the world.

She stared blankly at the page in front of her. It was a beautiful day- the sun was shining, birds were chirping, and a gentle breeze rustled through the leaves of the trees. But Luna couldn't seem to focus on anything except for the letter she has recieved from Hogwarts.

Her heart swelled with happiness at the idea of returning to the magical school she loved so much. But at the same time, she was filled with anxiety and fear. Hogwarts was the place where she had witnessed so many of her loved ones die during the war.