chapter four: walls and vulnerability

"there was an ache in his eyes, an ache that mirrored the pain of a broken world

"there was an ache in his eyes, an ache that mirrored the pain of a broken world. yet, in that ache, i glimpsed a seed of empathy, waiting to bloom and touch the lives of those he had once stood against."

__________________

Luna woke up in her cosy bed in the Ravenclaw dorms, feeling refreshed and ready for the day ahead. As she stretched her arms and legs, she took a moment to admire her side of the room. Unlike the other students who shared the space with her, Luna had decorated her area with an array of unique and whimsical items. Her bed was adorned with a colourful patchwork quilt that she had sewn herself, and above it hung a dreamcatcher made of feathers and beads.

On the walls, Luna hung a variety of paintings and drawings that she had created, featuring mystical creatures like unicorns and nargles. She had also placed several jars filled with glitter and tiny fairy lights on her shelves, casting a warm and comforting glow around the room.

As Luna got dressed and brushed her hair, a smile played on her lips as she thought back to the evening she had spent with Draco. Despite their differences, Luna appreciated how he had helped her forget about her anxiety and simply enjoy the beauty of the night sky. But she couldn't shake off the thought of whether Draco would consider her as a friend. After all, why would he have gone out of his way to help her if they weren't?

Luna stood in front of the mirror, examining her reflection closely. She had never been one to fuss over her appearance, but today was different. It was her first day back at Hogwarts for her final year, and she wanted to make a good impression. She had put on her fresh school uniform, a simple yet elegant ensemble in shades of black and grey. She had brushed her hair until it shone, and applied just a touch of strawberry lip balm.

But as she looked at herself in the mirror, Luna couldn't help but feel a twinge of doubt. She had never thought of herself as particularly beautiful. Growing up, she had always been teased for her unconventional beliefs and her tendency to daydream. People had called her strange, weird, and even crazy. She had learned to shrug off the insults and embrace her uniqueness, but she had never thought of herself as beautiful. Beauty had always seemed like something shallow and superficial, something that didn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

But now, as she looked at herself in the mirror, Luna saw something different. She saw the way her uniform hugged her body in all the right places, emphasising her curves and her little figure. She saw the way her eyes sparkled with intelligence and kindness, the way her smile lit up her face. She saw a beauty that went deeper than the skin, a beauty that came from within.

For a moment, Luna hesitated. Should she really care about how she looked? Shouldn't she be more focused on her studies, friendships, on the world around her? But then she remembered something her mother once told her. "Beauty is not just about how you look," her mother had said. "It's about how you carry yourself, how you treat others, how you see the world. It's about being true to yourself and embracing your own unique beauty"