Chapter 5: Living Angel of Hope

Thousands of Idizists flocked to Pantheon Cross to see Xethena speak. Cars filled the parking lot and nearby public garages. The building itself was packed with people. One might mistake the event for a concert or a sporting event, but the crowd was filled with Idizists.

Genix parked in a free spot at a luxury hotel called "The Great Arkenian Hotel," where he once worked for a summer job. He jogged over to the Pantheon Cross, located 5 blocks away.

Pantheon Cross was a 12-acre complex owned by the Grand Church of the Dexstras of the Idizist Ascension Foundation (IAF), located in the center of Salis River City, Hauth. Pantheon Cross was 1 out of 95 temples throughout the world. The border walls around the complex were shaped in a Greek cross pattern. Inside the complex lies the historical landmarks of Idizism.

The northern side of the cross hosts the IAF Conference Center, a premier meeting hall for the Idizist Ascension Foundation. The Conference Center holds general conferences, devotional shows, and Idizist ceremonies. It was a vast three-story building with modern architecture with a large auditorium inside. It was here the grand meeting would be held.

On the western end is the Salis River Assembly Hall. This was a congregation hall for all loyal and worthy Idizists. The Assembly Hall was a small cathedral with a Victorian Gothic look. Its exterior granite walls were dark brown and configured in cruciform style.

Close to Pantheon Cross's entrance was the Miracle Dove Monument. The monument was a pillar centered in a small pool, with a steel sphere resting and three silver birds standing. The memorial honors the "Blessing of the Doves," where struggling Idizist farmers prayed that their coming harvest would be bountiful. Two days later, a flock of doves in the thousands flew to the farm, devouring a swarm of locusts before they could devour the crops. To this day, Idizists believe this to be a miracle brought about by the power of prayer.

On the eastern end is the Salis River Grand Tabernacle, a large arena with an egg-shaped steel roof surrounded by brick walls. It was a meeting hall for Idizists until the Conference Center was finished in 2999.

On the south side are two archival buildings called The "History of the Church." The Museum section holds the history of Idizism, and the Library section holds records of Idizists and their family biographies.

In the middle of the cross is the largest building in the complex and the ninth IAF temple built throughout the Church's history, the Salis River Temple. Much like other Idizist Ascension Foundation temples throughout the world, the Church and its members consider it sacred, and only a select dozen Idizists are allowed to enter. There were no public tours inside the temple as there are for other adjacent buildings on Pantheon Cross.

Several conspiracy theorists and other critics of Idizism claim the temple is used for secret, insidious purposes such as Una harvesting, baby abduction, and the formation of a doomsday cult consisting of high-ranking members of the Church's leadership. Not helping matters was a scandal that came to public light in the year 3000.

However, because Pantheon Cross was managed by a bishop from a minor IAF branch with little involvement with senior Church leadership, most people dismissed the accusations due to the lack of evidence.

Genix made his way over to the Conference Center. The building was sprawled, and its walls were quartz monzonite and stone. Four acres of pure grass with dozens of tree patches could be seen on the roof. At least 22 native grasses were added to conserve water and showcase foliage.

Genix walked past the crowd, who were elated to see Xethena again. Believing he wouldn't find his mother in a crowded area, Genix took out his phone and snapped a picture of the building to let her know where he was.