Chapter 4: A Holographic Reality

After the text message he received from Angela and with nothing to do, Genix spent the entire time working on another script from his unfinished stories folder. This other script was called "Nimbus Purge." A plot about a colossal fog in outer space; an armada of marines flies over to investigate, only to discover the horror within.

He was making good progress throughout the writing and was having fun. The entire day was going along fine until he got a phone call from his mother, Shekra Iglesias, around 11:00 AM. Genix dreaded every time she called him because of her annoying voice and persistence in wanting things done her way. He took a deep breath and answered.

"Si, Ma?"

"Hello, Genix dear...." She said in a classy tone. "What are you doing?"

He hated her asking that question because she'd question how he should be more productive and working on anything if he were not careful about giving the correct answer. She would go on for 20 or 30 minutes perhaps even an hour when he says something that would provoke her to ask him more questions or when his grandma Rosanna is close to her, continuing the argument by backpedaling on her ranting. Quickly, he thought of an answer.

"I'm exercising."

"Oh, OK. But please finish up and go take a shower and prepare yourself."

He rolled his eyes in irritation; now he was wondering what other event she was asking him to head over.

"And please dress nicely. Today is going to be a special meeting for all of us!"

"May I ask why?"

"Gene, The Great Mistress Xethena is coming to Pantheon Cross at five. You better be here because this is important to all of us!"

Genix felt very unpleasant when she said that, unsure of what to expect. He knows it will be a dull evening if he partook in joining in.

Shekra is an Idizist. Idichism is a religion that believes in a philosophy that all Xeros are brought into Globatron to prove themselves to be pure, virtuous beings. The life given on their new planet is a trial ground made by the Dexstras to see who's worthy of joining them after their deaths.

Idizists believe there are many reasons Xeros have lived on Globatron for the past 3000 years. But the most common speculation is the "Memorsphere Gateway" theory. The Memorsphere is a gigantic invisible shield that surrounds the planet. The Dexstras said the shield protects the Xeros from outside forces far beyond the planet. But it also prevents the Xeros from getting out of the sphere's line.

Many people who have built spaceships and attempted to travel far away from Globatron always teleport on the opposite end of the axis where they came from. Idizists believed that there was more extraordinary life beyond the borders of the Memorsphere. Virtuous souls deemed worthy after death shall be transformed into an ascended life form for all eternity, along with the Dexstras.

Further adding proof to this theory was that for every Xero who died, their corpses remained there for an entire year until they dissipated into small particles of colorful energy before turning to dust and disappearing into nothingness instead of decomposing like humans.

Belief holds that the remains of the Una dust teleported away into the Memorsphere and broke past the shield to achieve a higher form of life. But that was just the theory as there is no concrete proof, but Idizists insisted it was the truth.

Almost every night, especially when there are two full moons, they would kneel, close their eyes, place their index and middle fingers on their foreheads and thumbs on their cheeks, and pray to the Dexstras.

The sun is a lot like the Earth's. But Globatron has two moons orbiting it. One is called "Mentem," and the other is called: "Potestas." To Idizists, they both have two hidden worlds where the souls go through Judgement and Cleansing before being accepted to become Dexstras, which is their version of heaven in Idichism.