Chapter 7

Our week was pretty boring. We just ate out a lot and talked and swam. Nothing interesting happened. Were now in NYC unpacking. Im rooming with Hayes and Mahogany is rooming with this guy named Jacob who just joined us.
Ever since the kiss in the laundry room nothing really romantic has happened with me and Hayes. I mean we hug and hold hands and cuddle and stuff but we act like its a bestfriend thing so i guess were leaving it at that. Cam is a lot better now. Me and Hayes were going to walk to dillions to get some food. I was in the chip aisle and Hayes was getting ice cream. We were going to have a netflix marathon night. We do it every Sunday now. I was getting both our favorite, barbeque when i looked up and saw Chase. No, no, no, he can't be here. Chase is my ex-boyfriend. He keeps saying were still together even though i've told him otherwise several times. He saw me and started walking towards me slowly.
"Well look who we have, Chas. Babe, why'd you leave me? I've missed you." He said grabbing my waist. I pushed him off me and started running towards Hayes. I thought i was fucking clear of him, why does he have to come back and ruin my life?! Chase does this every now and then. He finds me, stalks me, and shows up to different places where i am just to freak me out and know that i'm still his. The reason i broke up with him is because he hit me and yelled at me all the time and i couldn't take it anymore. So i met Andrea Russett and decided to start YouTube with her. And now i'm here.
I kept running for Hayes scared of what he might do to me. I finally saw Hayes. "Hayes!" He turned around. "Yeah babe?" I ran into his arms. "Hayes my abusive ex is here. Hayes please help hes going to hurt me." I told him the story of how he abused me and everything and when i was done he looked frightened yet furious.
"If he dares to lay one fucking finger on you again hes dead" Hayes said.
"Oh am i now?" Chase came up behind me holding a knife to my throat. "Back. The. Fuck. Up." Hayes said angier than i've ever seen him before. "Or what little boy?" Chase said, obviously making him more mad. "Or i'll fucking beat the shit out of you. Im giving you one last warning. Back off or get beaten up. Because trust me, im not scared." Hayes told him.
Chase took the knife away from my throat and walked up to Hayes slowly putting the knife away.
"If your so confident then why haven't you made a move? If you cared about her so much, why haven't you got me off her yet? Yeah, because your too worried about your own self getting hurt. You don't care about her so stop trying to fucking be a big bad boy when you know you won't do something for someone you met a week ago, especially when shes lying to you. Shes dating me." Chase said having him pushed against the wall now. Hayes stared in his eyes trying to find out if hes lying or not.
"Hayes, its not true. He does this with everyone, don't let him get to you."
Hayes kept staring trying to figure out what to do. He slowly started moving and grabbed Chases knife stabbing him in the heart. I looked at him shocked. "You don't have to suffer anymore.." And Hayes ran out. The police soon showed up with Hayes by their side. He must have turned himself in.
"He was trying to hurt u-" the cop picked me up taking me outside so they could investigate. I banged on his back and kicked wanting to stay with Hayes.
"What the fuck, let me go! It was self defense!!!" I screamed before we reachd outside. I called Nash.
Chas - "Nash can you please come pick me up? Im at the dillions a couple streets away." I asked him crying.
Nash - "Yeah im on my way but Chas, what happened?!"
Chas - "Ill tell you when you get here just hurry Nash i need my bestfriend."
Nash - "Don't worry babe, sit down on the curb and take deep breathes. Ill be there in 5 minutes."
I calmed down. Nash soon showed up. He saw the cops and ran out.
"Kristen what the fuck happened?!" He asked me. I told him everything from me and Hayes watching netflix to my abusive boyfriend to Hayes killing him. After i got done with telling him, a cop got Hayes out on handcuffs. "Your under arrest" the cop told Hayes. He went on with his rights. Me and Nash went up to them.
"No!!! Let him go he did it out of self defense!" I yelled.
"Let my brother go, he didn't do anything wrong!" Nash screamed.
"Guys your not going to help it, let it go. Im just going for 30 days." Hayes said. We let him go. How was i going to let Hayes just go into jail for 30 days? How are we going to do Magcon? Nash took me back to the hotel. "Chas, don't worry, its only 30 days. After doing Magcon in Dallas, Texas we'll fly back here and get him." Nash told me. I nodded my head. This is going to be the longest month of my life, and its all my fault.