Falling Apart

Leviathan is standing outside, at the front door of HoL. He heard everything. Everything that happened in the room. Mammon's screams, Asmodeus's crying, Beelzebub's shouts.. Everything.. Especially Barbatos's words.

"...Why do we need to be too late.. Why do I NEED to be too late to bring Lord Diavolo here?! Why can't I be fast enough to go to the castle?! Why can't I be useful for once?!!" Leviathan's head is running with regrets. If he could be a bit faster at running.. If he could just help MC by himself.. If he could just stop this from happening.. If he-

Diavolo: "..Leviathan? You may go inside if you'd want, it's could out here. And, I know you heard everything"

Leviathan: "....."

Diavolo: "We'll be taking our leave now. I'm sorry."

Leviathan: "....." Leviathan stays silence as he watches Diavolo and Barbatos leaving. He then walks in to see Mammon and Asmodeus crying on the ground

Mammon: "....YOU!" The moment Mammon see him, he turned into his demon form and run towards Leviathan, grabbing him on the neck "WHY DO YA NEED TO BE SO SLOW IN EVERYTHING, HUH?!"

Leviathan: "I.. coughs Mammon I'm.. coughs sorry..-"

Mammon: "SORRY WON'T BRING THEM BACK NOW, YOU FOOL!"

Asmodeus tries to make them separated "Mammon, stop it! Levi's turning pale!"

Mammon: "Well that made him feels what MC felt, aint it?!"

Asmodeus: "No, Mammon! We've lost two now! You don't want to loose Levi too, do you?!"

Mammon realises Asmodeus's point and release his hand off Leviathan's neck. He drops down to the floor and starts crying again

Asmodeus: "..Now, why don't we go to your room..? Let's calm down there, okay?"

Asmodeus helps Mammon gets up and walks to the upstairs with him, leaving Leviathan alone, trying hard to breathe

Leviathan: "I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry.. I'm so sorry! I'M SO SORRY!" Leviathan keeps repeating the line over and over again. He started to cry and tears flowing down to his face. He vowed that he'll never forgive himself for this.

~~~

Belphegor kept running and running until he hits the attic room. He opens the door and run towards the bed, instantly jumping into the bed while covering his face with pillows, crying

Not long after, Beelzebub arrives at the attic and see the doors open "Belphie?" Beelzebub says, but no answers. He enters the room and find Belphie crying on the bed. He walks slowly towards him, then sits on the side of the bed. "Belphie.. you know it's not your fault."

Belphegor: "...I know, Beel. It's just.. It's just reminded me of something.."

Beelzebub: "..."

Belphegor: "..You know, that time when I 'killed' MC? The way Mammon was crying on their body, the way everyone was clearly upset and crying, including you. And I was just, laughing.. Like I felt I've done something that I'm being proud of.."

Beelzebub: "....."

Belphegor: "But then, I don't know how, suddenly there's another MC standing by the stairs.. and the one Mammon's holding disappears. Heh, it's kind of funny if you think about it again."

Beelzebub stays silence, listening to Belphegor

Belphegor: "After times goes by, I get to know them better. They're still kind to me even after I tried to kill them.. They're the one who would talk and walk with me when everyone is distancing.. It felt so unreal."

"They helped me to get along with each others and, it surprisingly works.. I'm still glad that they did it just to help me out. But at the same time, they made me regretted how I was towards them. It made me hate myself."

"I'm still blaming myself even if it was long ago, Beel. I shouldn't killed them after they helped me to get out from here.. I shouldn't be blaming humans for what happened to Lilith.." Belphegor starts crying again, and leaning his head on Beelzebub's shoulder

Belphegor: "I should've protected Lilith.. If I did we would be happier.. I won't even care if we still turned to demons, as long as Lilith is with us, everything will be fine.. I know everything will be fine.."

Beelzebub's heart felt like being squeezed when he sees Belphegor's crying like this. He couldn't handle seeing his twin in a state like this. He caresses Belphegor's head gently. He.. Wishes he could've done something.. He wish he could've saved both of them at the war, but..

Beelzebub: "...Lilith's death wasn't your fault, Belphie. It was noone's fault. I'm sure Lilith is.. happy now, wherever she is."

Belphegor: "...Yeah. I hope.." Belphegor pauses for a second "Now I know what Mammon feels.. Now I know what everyone feels when I did it.. When I 'killed' MC.. I'm.. Sorry for doing that.. But you know that I've been trying my best to change, to have a better perception of humans.. And they're the one to make it come true.. They're the one who changed my perception, the one who changed me, but I.."

Beelzebub: "Shh.. It's going to be fine, Belphie..-"

Belphegor: "No, Beel. Nothing's going to be fine after this.. They're gone, forever.."