Chapter 12

Faith wore a black, flowy dress to see Pantalone. She paired with a kitten heel, she let her long hair down and left her room swiftly. Her eyes shifted to Childes' room, she didn't know if he had entered since their fight but she didn't care right now. As she strutted down the hall, familiar ginger hair turned the corner.

 As she strutted down the hall, familiar ginger hair turned the corner

A voice, his voice and a high-pitched giggle. As they rounded the corner, Faith got a good look at the girl Childe was taking to bed. Long brown hair with tanned skin, short yet slim. Her lips were red and plump. Faith spared Childe no attention, keeping her eyes forward as they passed. He couldn't help but linger.

"So he found himself a whore?" Pantalone asked, passing a glass of liquid to Faith.

"No, she didn't look like a prostitute, like a city girl" Faith commented before taking a sip of the drink.

Pantalone took a drag of his thick cigar as he sat down across from her. The moonlight shone through the tall window in front of them. They made an elegant pair, both seemed regal in a way.

He stared at her.

"Are you jealous?"

"Not at all, I could hear her moans from here and not bat an eye, if anything, he has lowered himself to a level that is truly.."

"Inspiring" Pantalone smirked.

Faith gave him a confused look.

"Don't you wonder what has possessed him to act such a way? Sure, Tartaglia flounces his looks and abilities, yet I've never heard of such actions"

"You have such a way with words" Faith grinned, extending a hand and placing it on Pantalone's arm.

"A reason Snezhnaya will love you, you flatter people, you're humble and witty, and you know how to get your way" Pantalone discussed with Faith, her eyes never leaving his "I know you can be cruel, yet you appear innocent to the public eye, a girl dragged into the evil motherland when this is all you've ever wanted"

"You've read me like a book Pantalone, how are you a banker and not a philosopher," Faith said quietly, a sly smile on her lips.

"Words lie, money doesn't" He chuckles, Faith, letting out a light laugh.

She drinks, and he smokes.

They have idle conversations about nothing important as the night goes on. She gets drunk, he starts to drink.

"Brighella, I think we should take you back to your room," Pantalone says around midnight.

He stands and takes the drink from her hand, earning a grumble in response. He places them in his sink and heads back to the girl. Squatting down in front of her, he asks for her keys and takes off her heels. They slowly make their way back to her room, Childe stood at her door.

"Tartaglia" Pantalone nodded.

"I can take her," Childe said with an underlying harshness.

"It's okay Tartaglia, she is in capable hands, if I was planning to do anything with her, I would've done it in my room" Pantalone replied, a fake smile across his lips.

Childe huffed and stood aside.

Pantalone let the girl stand on her own while he unlocked the door and turned on the lights.

"Hey, Ajax" The girl slurred, stepping from foot to foot.

He placed a finger to her lips, her hands wrapped around his arm.

"Hold me like you did this morning" She whispered.

His words caught in his throat.

"Come Brighella" Pantalone held the girl's arm and led her inside.

Giggles and mumbles echoed from the room as Pantalone tucked her in, he exited the room.

"Tartaglia, do not do anything out of line, remember that I am your superior, and for now, so is she, so treat her like one" Pantalone growled before turning and swiftly leaving.

Childe sighed, he looked between the two doors, sighed again and left for his room.

Then reappeared, in sleepwear this time, and left into the girls' room.

She was curled up in a ball, Faith looked small and young. Childe locked the door before pulling back the sheets and sliding in next to her. Faith's request may have been drunken ramblings but it told him that she was very aware of their morning position. And she remembered it.

He wrapped an arm over her torso and placed a hand on her thigh, his chin nestled amongst blonde locks. Within seconds she melted into him, her head buried into his shirt, fingers gripping the fabric. A leg sat over his.