Chapter 8

It took a week to travel by land, they had barely stopped. The two slept most of the trip and tried to avoid conversation, which went quite well.

The carriage door opened, the stout driver stood on the placed out steps.

"You will stay here tonight, a room has been booked in advance under Master Childe's name" He said.

Faith rolled her eyes and grumbled as she hopped out of the carriage. She was immediately met with the soft smell of silk flowers and intricate smells of Wangshu Inn. Faith grinned with joy as ran her hands over the railing on the stairs leading up. She looks over her shoulder, Childe was grabbing their luggage so she chose to wait for him. Together in silence they rode the elevator to the top, where he talked to the receptionist.

"Faith, is that you?" A gruff voice asked.

She turned around.

"Smiley!" The girl giggled, getting engulfed in strong arms.

"What are you doing here?" He nearly shouted.

"I'm here on business" Faith grinned, pulling away from the hug.

"Still living in the snow?"

"Yup"

"Someone's missed you"

"Is he here tonight?"

"Just call his name"

Faith giggled and hid her face in her hands.

"Faith, You ready to go?" Childe interrupted, placing his hand on her back.

Her eyes darted to him.

"Yeah, I'll come back done soon Smiley" Faith replied.

The pair headed to their room, a large double sat against the back wall.

"You're kidding" Faith groaned, rubbing her temples.

"It's one night, she said they overbooked"

"Goldet is a evil woman" Faith grumbled as she unbuttoned the coat and shrugged it off.

"It's late, If you leave the room I'll be asleep, so don't be loud" Childe announced as he walked into the bathroom.

"Yeah yeah" Faith mumbled, stretching her muscles "Don't come out until I say so, I'm getting changed" She shouts.

She quickly slips into a long nightgown, It's black satin fabric hugging her figure, the lacey details making her boobs look just a little bit larger. She picks up the coat and slips it back on. Leaving her feet bare, she leaves the Inn room.

"Hi Smiley, the almond tofu?" Faith asks quietly, standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"On the table" He says over his shoulder.

"Thanks" Faith picks up the serving and places the chopsticks in the jacket pocket and jogged up the steps to the balcony.

"Oh Xiaooo" Faith dragged out, hoping the adeptus would come see her.

"What?" A scratchy voice echoed from her.

"I've got your favourite" She beamed, placing it down on the railing.

A puff of black and green smoke appeared next to her. He glanced to the side, a smug smile coated her face.

"I heard you missed me" Faith grinned, staring out at the scenery.

Xiao scoffed.

"You work for Fatui now?" He asked, poking her jacket with the chopsticks.

"Mhm, New Harbinger, they call me Brighella"

"Ah"

She went silent.

"Are you here for the lantern rite?"

"You know the answer to that"

"I do"

She grinned at him, he looked away.

"Xiao, Did you actually miss me?" Faith asked with a sincere tone.

"Yes" The adeptus mumbled, keeping his eyes on his food.

"That's really sweet of you" Faith smiles, nudging his leg with her foot.

"You should sleep human"

"Goodnight Xiao"

She wraps her arms around his neck in a hug. He places a hand on her back and squeezes her lightly. He was used to the affection, she had hugged him like this when they had met.

Faith headed back to her room, just spending time with Xiao put her in a better mood. She slowly clicked open the door, and slipped in. The bathroom light was on and wet footprints littered the wood floor. She sighed at the sight. Faith pulled off her jacket and left it on the end of the bed, she shut the curtains and sat down.

The young man whistled as the bath drained, he swung open the door and turned out the light. A towel hanging loosely around his hips, one hand clung to the towel while the other ran through his wet hair.

"Oh, You're back" He muttered, walking over to his bags.

"Mhm, can you dry the floor when you're done? I nearly slipped" Faith replied, not looking at him as she walked into the bathroom.

"Yeah I will," He grumbled, pulling on pants.

"And dry your hair before you go to bed, you'll catch a cold" She exclaimed before shutting the door.

He huffed to himself as he slid into bed, the girl was right, but why was she telling him this? She'd been mad at him since he told to act like a harbinger. She'd have to show her true colours eventually.

He was lost in thought when a towel hit his face.

"Earth to Childe, there's a head towel" Faith said, slipping into bed.

"Thanks" He replied simply, sitting up and rubbing it over his scalp.

She turned out her lamp and let her head hit the pillow.

They sat in silence, Faith couldn't sleep and Childe couldn't stop thinking.

The bed shifted, bright eyes stared at him.

"What's your real name?"