The Fishing Trip Goes South

(Y/N)'s POV

The embers were still burning as we left. I met my other questee's. Questers? I met Zoe and Jake at Half blood hill, where Argus was waiting as well, alongside Chiron and Annabeth.

"So you are ready to depart?" Chiron asked "Here are your supplies and directions as we discussed." He said, passing me a map, some directions, a rucksack and 100 bucks with some drachma.

A revelation shook me in that moment, and Chiron smirked at me with a knowing look, Annabeth chuckled, "Took you long enough." I stared at her, "I...You-" I had to process this. "My skateboard..."

"It was your money." I said to Chiron. Who nodded gleefully, "But that means..." I stuttered as I looked to the true owner of my skateboard, who had paid for it all those years ago. Luckily, Chiron decided to be merciful, "Consider it a gift, a peace offering, from one side of the war to the other." He winked.

I was still stunned, "You knew?" I asked Annabeth, "Of course I knew. It's not exactly hard to follow, I'm surprised it took you this long to figure it out for yourself." "You, are a buffoon." Zoe said, smirking at me.

"After all your boasting about the quality of your means of transportation. You are not even it's true owner, and are merely a common thief who is using other's property. For shame." "Shut up Zoe!"

The former huntress just scoffed at me, "Is thou going to make me?" She asked. And. I. Swear. To you. I heard Annabeth growl like a cat. Turning my head to the noise that I may or may not have imagined, I saw Annabeth glaring at me.

She stopped frowning at me and seemingly came to a decision, which spurred her into action, meaning Zoe, and everyone else present, watched she pulled me into a rather passionate kiss that I didn't expect, but certainly didn't refuse.

"Cute." I whispered in her ear, she blushed and pushed me away, frowning at me, "You better come back!" She ordered. I nodded, "Of course." Tears pricked her eyes, "I'm serious! You better not die."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not gonna die..." Then I whispered in her ear, "That's why I brought Jake." I giggled, she punched me in the chest. "What? Too soon?" With one final hug, they saw us off, Argus only having to honk his horn twice.

As we descended the hill Jake walked up to me, looking nervous, with grease stains on his face and hands, and asked me where our destination was. "I'll be honest with you Jake. If I told you, you wouldn't come."

Once we were in the car with Argus and all acquainted, he asked me a few more questions. "So what are we doing?" I smirked at him, "Something important for once." He stared at me blankly, "How enlightening, and how are we getting wherever we're going? Is Argus driving us to the airport?"

"Nope. The only way you'd catch me dead in a plane was if I wanted myself and all the other passengers to be dead in a plane. That's Zeus's territory in the day and Nyx's in the night. I'm getting us there. Argus is just taking us to get some stuff we need on the way. I'll explain when we get there...speaking of.-"

I watched as Manhattan disappeared in the back on the rear-view mirror and gave instructions to Argus, who didn't seem too happy about it, soon we found ourselves driving down a dirt path next to a lake on the outskirts of the city.

"Argus, can we stop here for a few minutes before we head off?" I asked, our chauffeur only grunted, pulling over. I pointed to Jake, "You, with me." I commanded, enjoying my new role as team leader. Once we reached our destination Jake must have thought I was insane.

"A fishing surplus store?" He said with a hint of confusion trickled into his voice, I nodded, but he wasn't too sure about me yet and wanted some more explanation. I rolled my eyes, "Haven't you figured it out yet? We're going to catch ourselves a goddess." I smirked as we walked into the store, smiling at the door chime going 'Ding.'