baking

The neverseen is gone and Sophie is having a sleepover with everyone. It's unfinished but it's written more recently so maybe i'll finish it at some point (probably not)

"Foster, what are you doing?" Keefe asked as he entered Sophie's very messy kitchen. "Wait, you're baking?" He dipped his finger into the pile of flour on the counter.

"Why are you so early?" She asked, dusting off some of the flour from her clothes. "I thought I told everyone to come later in the afternoon.

"I just wanted to see you, I'm glad I did, you look awfully cute covered in flour" He flashed his trademark smirk. "Maybe I can help you with whatever you're baking."

"You sure? I'm making a human recipe." He raised an eyebrow. "Remember how I was visiting Amy a few days ago? Well, my human parents made chocolate chip cookies and it reminded me how much I missed them. The cookies. Not my parents. I do miss them but that's not what I'm talking about right now."

"Don't you have a photographic memory? Shouldn't you know the recipe?" He gestured to the very messy counter. "How did this happen?"
"I know the recipe in human measurements." Sophie informed him. "We use different kinds of measurements. And I don't know the conversions, so I kinda had to guess."

"Where did you even get the ingredients?" He asked. " and I do I wanna help." He added after a second.

"Amy gave me some, she told her parents that she gave them to one of her human friends." She answered his first question. "I don't know how much help you would be. It's not like you know the recipe."

"I think someone's forgetting I spent time with humans." Sophie didn't really know what to say to that. "I'm pretty sure I made these once while I was there."

"Pretty sure?" Sophie asked. "Don't you also have a photographic memory?" She continued mixing the dough. Keefe shrugged.