02: hunter

Okay, for a minute, I'm going to let myself be the pretentious asshole everyone thinks I am because I am honestly offended by how that girl reacted to being partnered with me. I mean come on. It is possible to have beauty and brains. I might not be JJ level smart since he did graduate from Stanford, but I can at least hold my own.

I walk into the house, still reeling from that entire class. I bet Grant knows who she is; he knows everyone on this campus.

Grant is flipping through highlights of last weeks game where the Panthers played the Vikings in the NFC conference championships. Henry played one hell of a game despite the high ankle sprain he had early on in the season that's still been giving him trouble. They ended up losing by a field-goal which is a rough way to go out, but Mirabelle told me that he's ready for the break. I have no doubt they'll retreat to the house in France with Javi and the twins where Bailey has been living with Kaitlyn for the last year and a half.

Meanwhile, JJ who was drafted in the first round to the Texans two years ago, is busy with his first Super Bowl appearance and his three-month-old son, Ash, with Marley.

"You know, sometimes I wonder what it's like to be you." Grant says a laugh of disbelief. "Do you think you can score me a ticket to the Super Bowl with you?"

I roll my eyes, dropping my backpack on the ground. "Do you think you can act like a normal human being in front of my family without fawning all over them?"

"It's not my fault you guys are all super humans. I mean for fuck's sake, leave some talent for the rest of us." He teases before noting my expression. "Oh, sorry. I didn't mean it like that." Grant apologizes and I try to let it roll off my shoulders.

I know he was joking, but there's people that say the same shit and mean it. My dad was an incredible athlete with a strong work ethic that he passed on to all of us. Mirabelle went to the Olympics, JJ was a first round draft pick, and I'm hoping to be drafted in general. Bailey probably could have played in college and maybe beyond, but he quit and ran away. What I'm meaning to get at is that we all worked extremely hard to get to where we are. Sure, we definitely had it way easier than others when it came to exposure because our last name is well-known in the athletic community, but all of us made it on our own merit.

A lot of people seem to ignore the fact that JJ and I wouldn't let anyone pull strings during our recruitment process. We both passed on the scholarship offers because there were other players who needed it way more than we did.

"All good. Don't worry about it." I say, leaning back into the fluffy cushions of our monster couch. God if this thing had a vagina, I think I'd marry it.

"So that ticket?" He prods, grinning widely at me.

I toss one of the throw pillows that Mirabelle picked out at him. "Sure, whatever you want."

"Fuck, you're the best."

"Normally it's a girl telling me that, but I'm not picky." I retort, closing my eyes to try and forget my dreadful morning.

"You wish." Grant says, tossing the pillow back at me, startling me into an upright position. "Was your professor mad this morning that you were late?" He asks, changing the subject and consequently bringing up the very thing I was trying to ignore.

"He didn't seem to care, but this chick in my class hates me and we were fucking partnered for the rest of the semester on this big project." I grumble, hugging the pillow he threw at me to my chest.

"Did you pump and dump her?" He asks bluntly and I grimace at his terminology.

"Jesus fuck, don't ever say that again." I shudder because while I might get around, I make sure they get something out of it too; usually in the form of multiple orgasms, but I've never heard anyone complain, unless it was because I hardly ever circle back to the same girl twice. It gives the wrong impression. "I don't think I did," I scratch the back of my neck, "I mean if I did hook up with her then I don't remember her." I like to think I'm better than that, but maybe not.