05: logan

"I don't want to go out." I complain as Isabel painstakingly straightens my hair.

"Well I don't care." She says with a tone of finality, and since she is the one holding a hot tool so close to my scalp, I think I have to do what she says. "It's our last semester, and to be honest, you had a shitty week so I think the least you can do is go out and have a couple drinks to let loose."

Her words remind me all too much of what Hunter said about me. Needs to get laid. As if. I could get laid if I wanted to, but it's currently not a priority for me. Graduating and figuring out what the hell I'm going to do with my life is my priority.

Sure, it's been a while since the last time I had sex. There's nothing wrong with that. In that time, Dylan, my dildo, and I have been becoming very acquainted with each other. Dylan at least cares about whether I orgasm or not, unlike my ex who would get so irritated if I didn't come in five seconds like the girls in pornos. It eventually just became easier to fake it although I'm sure Jeff would rather die than know that.

Isabel flicks my temple, "Stop or you're going to get wrinkles."

"I wasn't doing anything!"

"You were certainly thinking about something unpleasant because your face was scrunched up like you ate a lemon." Isabel says, grabbing another section of hair, preventing me from slumping in my chair like a child throwing a fit. "This is exactly why we're going out because we're hot as fuck and you need to relax."

"Telling someone to relax doesn't exactly help them relax." I mumble under my breath, eyeing the outfit she picked out for me out of the corner of my eye. It's from the back of my wardrobe, a red corset I bought on a whim that turns my a-cup into a perky b-cup and a pair of pleather pants I stole from one of my older sisters.

Twenty-five minutes later, my hair and makeup are done and I'm shoved into my clothes, feeling like a completely different person. My hair in it's natural curls hangs just past my shoulders, but when it's straightened, it's halfway down my back. Most of the time I forget it's this long.

A shot of clear liquid is shoved into my hand and Remi grins at me, "It's cheaper here than at the bar." Down the hatch it goes, a burning feeling drifting down my chest.

"My goal tonight is for us not to pay for a single drink." Isabel says and I have no doubt that goal will be a success.

"Maybe we'll see your parter while we're out." Remi says, pouring another round of shots already.

"Be sure to keep him far away from me." I retort, checking my purse again to make sure my ID is in it. They would kill me if I lost it and didn't realize until we got there.

"What if Hunter insulting you is his way of telling you he thinks you're hot?" Isabel chimes in and that sounds like the stupidest idea I've ever heard.

"We're not in elementary school despite the fact that's where his maturity level remains." My phone vibrates inside my purse, a text on the screen from Kai that says he's almost here to pick us up. "Kai is around the block, last chance to cancel and stay home." I say, batting my eyelashes at my roommates, hoping it looks more like a puppy than trying to blink away a bug that flew in my eye.

"There's no way we spent an hour and a half getting ready just to cancel at the last second."

Okay then.

By the time we find parking, I can feel the effects of my shots helping loosen me up. As much as I'd love to argue that Isabel and Hunter aren't right, unfortunately, I think they had somewhat of an idea as to what they were talking about.

Another drink later, I have no qualms when Kai pulls me on the dance floor, allowing my body to flow with the beat of the music. I laugh freely when he twirls me around among the mass of grinders before pulling me back.