Spoiler free and Spoiler review

Okay, I've beaten tears of the kingdom. And whoa, can I tell you what a game. The short of it- A 7/10 game. The long of it, keep reading. As far as mechanics go, it's very intuitive and as the game as whole is fun to play. Though there's a tad bit too many borrowed assets from the last game that I would like. The new features are a welcome for sure and the world here definitely feels more fluid and alive which I wanted.

Its just the little things though. I wish the soundtrack for certain things were different ot Link behaved differently on his animations for certain things. There was one new minor change that I loved. He sings while he cooks now classic zelda melodies from previous titles.

Overall the game feels like BotW how it was always was intended to be. Take that as you will, good or bad. Overall a 7/10. I did expect more tbh. I still love botw and zelda and did enjoy this game. Onto my Spoiler review-

LEAVE NOW if you don't want to be spoiled.

The story of the game is something more to be desired. Though, they did give us much more than its predecessor, the story is a mess. I do like they made Link and Zelda lowkey canon in a relationship, but it's a *wink wink, nudge nudge* sort a deal, but they are. That I loved.

What I didn't care for is the abandonment of all classic Zelda lore. There is hardly any mention of BotW to the point that it almost breaks the immersion. Hardly any divine beasts mentions or even the Triforce sealing power. I'm a stickler for Zelda lore and it seems this game is a reboot of the series. A soft reboot. They are overriding Zelda lore to the point that it hurts. What made Link and Zelda unique was their relationship through time to the series. This cancels all that. It's no longer that she is gifted due to the goddess bloodline, it's now because of furry magic from Zonai creatures mixed with her ancestor. And Link, he isn't mentioned at all why he is important. The master sword's importance is just a shoehorned afterthought.

This game feels like poor fanfiction in the sense of story. But, it's Canon. This is the legit nintendo position now. Sure I love the themes and the things they COULD have done but for some reason they didn't. It's like they just needed to come up with a wild story just for the sake of it. No triforce. No hylia. Just some random infinity stones that we don't know why are even important or told how they are so powerful. It's just "Trust me bro", sort of logic. It's like they heard the complaints of botw having a simple story and just wanted to make some craziness for the sake of doing so.
I would have preferred a coherent story that is simple over convoluted any day. I can go on and on with the simple mistakes but at the end of the day I wanted to find the good and I did. Zelink is canon. More so than botw, so I thank my lucky stars.

Oh and Zelda becomes a dragon??? Wtf...

Ty for reading.- Sky