Chapter VII

I froze like a rabbit sensing a fox behind her. The man's husky voice was filling my ear, I didn't understand most of it. I was too focused at the smooth, cold edge on my skin. I closed my eyes. The man turned me around and pushed me towards the door. I heard Ace and Emma behind me. 

"XENIA! WAIT!" Ace cried.

"Haha! That bitch had it coming." Emma said.

As I watched them open up the van, my breathing picked up. I had nowhere to run with the blade at my back. These guys must be Vampire Hunters, because a Vampire can't simply flee from a blade, especially if it's at their back. I was trapped. The man with the husky voice shoved me into the floor of the van. I went numb. I could feel my eyes slowly closing, had they poisoned me? Attempted to? My eyes slid to a close with my consiousness. 

 ***

I woke in a hot room. My forehead was soaked along with the rest of me. I tried standing up but no such luck. "Why does this always happen to me?" I thought. I laid there for a little while longer before trying to get up. When I did get to my feet I looked for a way out. The door that led outside was unlocked. I dashed outside and ran straight into an iron fence. 

"Goddamnit!" I screamed, "Get me out of here!" 

"Nothing can get you out." A smooth voice called out from behind me. I sighed, not wanting to turn to him. He continued. "There is no way out this time. We made sure of it." He sounded proud of himself. 

"Well, what do you want for me. Clearly you work for Darion." 

"I want you dead. That's what I need, I'll be paid for it actually." I turned on my heels.

"YOU want ME dead?! I haven't done anything to you guys!" 

"Well, that's how Vampire Hunters work honey."

"Clearly. You know, you're a dick." 

He came up to me so fast I didn't know he moved until he was in my face shouting. "NEVER. Talk to me like that. EVER." 

"I'll talk to you anyway I want to" I said in my head and walked away. When he was out of sight, I pulled out a cigarette from my pocket and lit it up. I inhaled like it was the healthiest thing a person could do. After a couple tokes, I started to think. Darion wants me dead, but Ace wants me alive. I looked up; no wires or anything. Maybe I could escape right now. But that's before I realized that there was cameras everywhere. I thought "Oh well." And I put out my cigarette and climbed the fence.