||CHAPTER FOUR||

It took some persevering but she got the approval to start school at the university, she was one of those students who would bury her head in study books or focus on nothing else except her schoolwork.

On more than one occasion she had inadvertently stopped talking to her brother or had locked herself away in her room, it got to a point Sol would head in her room to pester her to take a break, and would not leave until she put the pencil down and joined him to meet at one of Damians car meets.

She shoved him off one morning on her way to her car. He had obliged to her requests to pester off and had started to ride off to work while she had turned her music up in her car and drove to school.

She parked it out front and stepped out, shutting the door and locking it. She made her way over to the school, determined more than ever, keeping in mind that the slight weight of the knife told her that if anyone did anything, she would be ready with a vengeful force.

But also keeping in mind that she needed to keep it hidden, for a moment she considered leaving it in her car but she shook it off as "what's the point of having it if it isn't on me?" she told herself sternly as she marched down the halls past the rest of the students heading to their classes.

Her first class was on Criminal Justice, usually you would get those as a degree but due to Gotham having such high criminal rates and its rising continuation they had opened Criminal Justice and law enforcement to be more accessible to hopefully have more people under the badge to fight off the crime.

This class Solane had always listened to with a bit of sharpness and very rarely she would get bored of it, the study of weapons and how to keep people safe along with yourself always was useful in the mental arsonal of a person, especially one like Solane's.

Her second class always made her shake her knee in impatience. It was a Wound Management Course, she knew if she ever got hurt and didn't have Sol or her phone around she was gonna need to know a bit more about how to help herself.

Solane tapped the end of her pencil on her binder absentmindedly as the professor talked, the bell rang loudly making Solane jump a bit, she blinked back into reality getting up from her seat and trotting out of the class to walk up the stairs to the next course in eagerness. Ah yes, her psychology class. By far her most favorite class besides her biology course, she liked to observe people to get to know them better, to better have an understanding of them.

She sat in her seat and opened her textbook, she skimmed through the pages until she got to a bookmark of where they had left off last Friday. The professor wrote some things as the students took their seats and got settled, some chatted here and there until the familiar sygnal of the bell rang loudly once more.

Solane's professor, Laura Fox, reminds her of her aunt June with her 'tough love' personality. They say people like that have been through a rough life and have a hard time softening up after the experience, after Solane and Sol left their aunt Solane quickly learned to respect those kinds of people, after all she was one of those people herself.

Professor Laura cleared her throat, addressing everyone to give her their attention, which they and Solane granted in sudden silence. She began to speak as she pushed her glasses more above her nose, pushing back her dark crimson red hair "alright everyone, today were finishing our practices we went over on Friday," she paced over to her computer "now I decided we will be doing an activity that allows us to have a better understanding of therapy procedures and emotional signs from your patients".

The clicking sounds of her typing on her keyboard echoed a bit in the room "I will assign your partners with a generator and you will be picked by the number given to you" she spoke simply "make sure to note your numbers because I will not repeat myself".