||CHAPTER SEVEN||

Sol's knee buckled when Solane swiped her foot across the floor as hard as her body would allow, as she expected he fell backwards. The areas Sol had taken hits from his sister started to ache, he winced and lifted his hand in surrender, Solane let out a tsk as she adjusted herself from a defensive stance "your getting slower Sol, what's up with that?"

She found it a little funny she managed to beat him even after her new habit of having an unhealthy sleep schedule, she started to sleep at late times around twelve-to-two in the morning. There was only once she hadn't slept till seven AM, she would've stayed up all day if it wasn't for Sol talking her ear off on purpose to bore her to sleep.

Solane used to remember a time she would always lose to him, he was bigger than her and had a bit more strength than she did at the time, the only advantage she had on him was speed, Solane being smaller meant she was more nimble and quick on her feet than he was, at the end of the day that didn't entirely matter, much to Solane's disappointment.

Now here she was, standing over him hardly having taken any hits or takedowns from him. Sol shook his head in frustration, more towards himself than at her victory over him "I haven't had to beat another person's ass for bullying you since freshman year" Solane nodded admittedly, she never was the one to throw a blow at the kids who picked on her, it had always been Sol.

It got to a point kids just stopped talking to her entirely out of the paranoia of Sol dragging them across the pavement or simply because their parents refused to pay a hospital bill. Their father approved of Sol sticking up for her but their mother wasn't so approved of the idea of getting calls from the school and the cops about Sol's violent attacks on the bullies, all those messages annoyed her to the brim.

Solane shrugged her shoulders "fair enough".

Sol winced in pain when he got up from the floor, rubbing his forearm gingerly "aren't you supposed to be at a therapy meeting soon?". He gave her a pointed look as she got done drinking a flask. She brushed her arm across her lips to wipe away the excess water from her mouth, she raised a brow at him "and aren't you supposed to be putting an icepack on those bruises I gave you?" she replied smugly, scanning her eyes at his beaten body.

Sol couldn't help but chuckle a bit, he waved his hand at her making his way to the kitchen "ha, ha very funny. Now get goin" Sol mused as he walked out of the room.

Solane chuckled to herself, shaking her head as she made her way to her room. She shut the door behind her and rummaged through her dresser, getting out the fresh clothes she got in her bathroom and started the shower. The warm water felt good on the areas Sol did manage to strike, she found it a bit strange how warm water eases the pain of wounds so easily.

Solane liked to pretend water had magical qualities to it that healed and satisfied the famished. She got out and dressed in a raglan sleeve shirt, fringe trim skinny jeans. She was never a fan of wearing heels since it made her feet ache but she loved wearing her ankle-high stiletto heels, she put her hair in a messy ponytail and looked herself over in the mirror. Her eyes noticed the tiger shark knife sitting in its holster on the counter, she unclipped the holster sleeve from the strap, looking over the knife with stern eyes, she walked over to her shoulder strap purse and placed the knife inside.

Satisfied with her look, she grabbed her purse and left. Solane was a bit nervous that the session would end up similar to her unfortunate incident in the university all that time ago, for a moment she wondered if Aiden was doing well and had forgotten about it.

Solane pulled in at Arkham's gates, feeling that wave of nostalgic nervousness run over her again, she took a deep breath and stepped out from her car. She got inside the building hoping to find Sunny wandering around, to her excitement she found Sunny in the cafeteria room.