||CHAPTER SIX||

Solane took a shaky deep breath, her hands shaking like leafs. Passing through Arkham's gates made her feel as if she was willingly walking into a death sentence, she hadn't realized once she had actually been inside of the building's borders would make her feel uncomfortable.

The weather didn't help the mood, the gray clouds contrasting the blue afternoon sky and the small blows of the cold wind made the asylum eerie, but on a good note a bit less intimidating than before.

She knew Arkham must be an impenetrable place, how anyone ever escaped she thought to be just pure luck or something of a miracle. The asylum gave her an unpleasant feeling of not being able to follow her primal instinct to turn on her heel and run out scott-free if anything came down to it.

Maybe that's the whole point, it's so the prisoners don't have any stupid ideas to attempt to break out. Solane rolled her eyes annoyingly at herself overlooking the strategies of the asylum, she kept telling herself this place was controlled and even if something did happen she wouldn't run, she would put that knife her brother gave her to good use.

She furrowed her eyes grimly at the thought of having to use the knife, she didn't like hurting people, but she was absolutely not afraid to do so. As she stepped towards the building she was greeted by a woman whom had two guards on either side of her, they wore bullet proof vests buth bold white security inscriptions.

As Solane approached, the woman wearing black attire offered a hand to her, Solane smiled, shaking her hand. The woman's skin was almost completely white, the color reminded Solane of a ghost. Her cream blonde hair was put up in a neat ponytail with a pen resting behind her ear, her hazel green eyes contrasted to her 'innocent' look, her gaze was hard as stone.

"You must be a newbie. I must apologize, we normally have our warden greet new people but she's really busy right now" the woman said apologetically. Solane nodded down at her reassuringly to tell her that she didn't mind, she was shorter so Solane had to look down a little to even be able to see her gaze "Solane Kyrell" Solane replied.

"Dr. Madalin Sun, but my colleagues call me Sunny" Sunny's grin beamed, she leaned forward cupping her hand in a secretive way "oh and we'll be sure to get you assigned to your therapist while we're here" Solane couldn't help but giggle. Sunny winked, she cleared her throat and turned around on her heel "common i'll show you round".

Solane followed Sunny to the large front wood doors, the guards opened it and let the girls inside and continued to follow them, their rifles held firmly as they did so, Solane peered down at the guns. Those modified assault rifles make my knife look like a kids toy, yet again it's better than nothing, Solane scoffed at herself turning her gaze back forward as they had got past the counter that had been protected by a thick-glass wall Solane could only guess was bulletproof.

The doors that were a little ways past the counter there was a door made of solid metal; the modern design stood out from the gothic structure, the metal itself looked a bit like titanium, and the hall was dimly lit by the main front letting light peek through the cracks. Sunny placed her hand

It didn't really occur to Solane that she was actually inside the halls of Arkham Asylum, Sunny had kept her so calm and more fixated on her then the sudden wave of fear sent a tiny chill down her spine. The first thing that occurred to her was how coldly lit the halls were, shining the walls a sickly green.

She knew it would occur eventually that the walls would make her feel claustrophobic, she shook it off though but couldn't stop her weighted breathing. Solane's hearing picked up noise from a different hall that had a plethora of noises echoing along the confined corridors.