Surprise Date!

Harry finished putting up his laundry when he heard the door. He walked into the living room to see Ron walking in from the back door. 

"Why'd you come in from the back?" Harry asked. 

"I forgot my keys." Ron replied. "And I know we usually keep the back door open." 

"You don't usually forget your keys." 

"I was running late this morning and I was rushing." 

Harry laughed. "We all have those days." 

"It's been an entire week for me." Ron grabbed his jacket and put it on. 

"Where are you going?" Harry asked. "You just got home from work." 

"To see Hermione." Ron replied. "She always makes me feel better after a crappy day." 

Harry nodded. 

"Hey, Harry." 

"Yeah, Ron." 

"I realize we've both been so busy with work and our girlfriends." Ron told him. "We should have a guy's night. We both work tomorrow. What about the day after that?." 

Harry grinned. "Hogsmeade?" 

"Sounds good. I'll probably be back pretty late. Don't wait up." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry heard a knocking on the door. Sighing, he went over and answered the front door. Ginny grinned at him, her red hair shining, and brown eyes blazing. 

"Are you going to let me in?" 

Grinning, Harry grabbed Ginny's hand and pulled her inside, holding her by the waist, and kissed her passionately. Ginny smiled into the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck. He picked her up and spun her around. Once her feet landed on the ground, they pulled apart, and Harry kissed her forehead. 

"I wasn't expecting you." Harry told her. 

"That's why it's called a surprise." 

"And a great surprise it was." Harry commented. "The best surprise." 

He leaned down and kissed her again. After a few moments, she pulled away. "But I came over here to surprise you with dinner. I'm going to cook." 

"You can cook? Since when?" 

Ginny gasped. "I can cook!" 

"A non-burnt meal?" 

Ginny punched his shoulder. 

"Ow! That hurt!" 

"Next time, don't get on my bed side." 

"I once swore to never get on your bad side because quite frankly, you scare me." 

"Good!" 

"Now I'm afraid, you might poison me." 

"Shut it." 

Harry laughed. 

"May I just cook for my lovely boyfriend?" Ginny asked. 

"Of course." Harry replied. "Just don't kill me." 

Ginny stepped closer to him. "Trust me, when I kill you, it'll be slow and painful." 

She walked past him, smug smirk on her face. Harry sighed, but couldn't' help but smile, as he turned and watched her walk into the kitchen. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry had loved watching Ginny cook. She had put her hair up in a messy bun as she cooked. He thought of his future, now that he knows he has a future, and the main thing he sees, is Ginny. Standing beside her. Having dinner with her. Living with her. Marrying her. Having children with her. Spending a lifetime of love with her. Ginny had finished and turned around to see Harry standing there and staring at her with a smile.