eleven

Bisola

Bisola

John stood up abruptly rattling the table beneath him as he walked to where Isaac stood, towering over him, his face mortified "How did you know that name?"

Issac still had that cruel, cold smile on his face "No need to get all grumpy," he joked "but it's quite a popular nickname and I think it's very cool,"

"Don't mess with me," John's eyes were angry as he shouted from the top of his voice, winning us and the audience as all eyes turned to look at us "I asked you how did you know that name?"

"Hey, you guys," I stood up, rushing in between them to separate the two men, confusion making my brows seize together "What's going on, do you know each other?"

We don't Bisola," Issac said as he looked up at me "This is my first time seeing him."

"Then why-"

"Fatty, could you excuse me and your friend for a moment please?" John whispered, this breath close to my ear and his voice tough. He then shifted his gaze back to Issac "Me and you need to have a little talk,"

"No, we don't," Issac took a step back "I have nothing to say to you,"

I saw John's jaw clench.

I've never seen him look so angry, so fierce, and at the same time, beneath all those emotions, so scared.

It baffled me, so much that as I listened to his heavy breaths beneath my ear, my heart leaped in my chest. I tried to speak up, but I couldn't, it was as if something was stuck in my throat, and then-

"Look here, I said you should follow me outside and talk, so let's talk. I won't say it again," John said, shoving me lightly to the side, and walking up to Issac, only a few feet away from raining his anger on him.

"Hey," I finally found my voice, trying to stop John with my scrawny arms knowing it would do nothing to hold him back. He didn't even bother to look at me, his face still fixated on Issac who was smiling at him.

"I said I have nothing to say to you," Issac repeated, then looked at me "Let's sit Bisola, we have a lot to talk about,"

Is he honestly hearing himself?

I heard John whisper something under his breath, his eyes still watching Issac. He looked as if he was about to burst as a vein popped out from his neck and beads of cold sweat masked his face.

"John," I finally said "Please, calm down,"

He wasn't listening.

"John," I pleaded, hoping he would look at me.

He didn't.

"Yeah, you better listen to her, unless you want to cause a scene," Issac said, his breath shaky. This was just confusing. Why had Issac called John a murderer and why had it put him so on edge? There had to be something, something big and deep that I wasn't sure I wanted to find out.