9. Cloud nine.

★☆★☆★

"I'm in position" I said and got out of the car holding the bag in my hand walking closer towards the two men waiting for me.
"Hello gentlemen. Nice seeing you again" I said and left the bag on the ground. One of them checked the money inside while the other gave me the pack with the disgustingly white powder.
"I think we are done here" I said and made some steps backwards and in a matter of seconds the team had come out of the shadows surrounding them. I gave the bag to them and let them do their work while I drove back home. I made something quick to eat and then I turned the evidence board around writing the notes on Ashley's psychoanalysis. I underlined common factors on each of the disorders.

Genetics, traumatic life experience, impulsivity, insomnia, irritability. Then I wrote the traits that are in question, meaning I doubt she even has them and after I completed the board, I sat back looking at it.
"You are not that damaged. Someone with all these can't be so calm and care free as you" I mumbled and sat back on my bed staring at the board when my phone rang and I answered assuming it would be Daniel.

"Spill" I mumbled and then I heard her chuckles and I realized it was not Daniel at the end of the line.
"I'm sure you weren't expecting to hear from me" she mumbled and I took a deep breath.
"You got me a bit surprised to be honest. How are you, beautiful?" I asked her and laid under the covers.
"I'm okay..."

"I'm glad to hear that"

"How are you?"

"I'm doing fine too. Is there any way that I can assist you of, at this time?"

"No, I just called to tell you that I'm mad at you" she answered and I held my laughter.
"And why is that?"

"Because I don't know what to write. I forgot the words and I'm mad about it"

"Well, this is indeed a catastrophic thing to happen to you. But I don't see how it is my fault"

"The scent of your jacket is oddly familiar to me" she said changing the subject and I smiled.
"It's my father's favorite perfume. He calls it special for some reason"

"It smells very good"

"Why, thank you"

"You're welcome. I think that is it. Goodnight" she said and I shook my head.
"Ashley, I have a random question. Do you think you're getting easily distracted?" I asked her and she repeated the question herself.
"If I was, I would not be able to sit at the same poker table with you. But I think I did and I would have won" she said and a smile formed on my lips. Judging from my perspective, she has a point, which undoes the therapist's point.
"We can have a rematch whenever you want" I stated and her chuckles almost turned me on.
"Is that a challenge, pretty boy?" she asked and I was the one swallowing my breath this time. 
"I'd say it's a date, if you say yes"

"What makes you think that I'll say yes?"

"Just a hunch"

"Well, I already told you yesterday, I won't go on a date with you"

"Yes, I remember. You're a mess and that I have to keep my distance from you, but let me tell you that I have no intention of leaving you in peace. You say you're a mess? Fine, be the worst mess that you can, I will be there to bother you. Like it or not" I said decisive and I wasn't hearing anything from the end of the line for a while. And then it was just distant sounds.
"I would be pleased if you fell asleep" I mumbled and her laughter proved me wrong.
"I heard you. And you are making me nervous and that's why I'm going for a walk"