5. Interesting approach.

𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝑮𝒊𝒓𝒍

"What do you mean?" James mouthed and I watched the color leave his face.
"I mean that tonight we are going to the casino or else they will blow up my fucking house" I repeated again and his eyes got filled with tears.
"Fuck Ash, I never wanted to get you into these shit" he said and I sighed holding my head and walking circles in front of him.

A week ago, my only problem was, to not get caught by the police while I was at the casino, I was lucky enough to avoid that, but now, there is someone, that I don't know what does he wants with me, or to be correct, what I want from him either, mini me. And last night I got threatened with my life, from those who my best friend gets his dose. It wasn't his fault, really, he wanted the money to pay them back, I get it, I fucking do. If it wasn't for that fucking bitch of a girlfriend he had, he wasn't going to be involved with any of this shit... Fuck, I need my fucking journal because if I keep talking in my head, I'm going to lose it for good.

"When was the last time you used?" I asked him and he couldn't even look at me, my best friend.
"Did you just pay him back or did you buy some stuff too?" I asked him and he held his head.
"I will hit you!" I yelled at him and walked away.
"Ashley..."

"See you tonight, James" I just said to him and left going to the parking lot. I saw him and his brother a couple of vehicles in front and almost instantly, I got his attention, as if our eyes are magnets. I tried to ignore him and got into my car and when I tried to revive the engine black fumes started to grow from the machine, I turned it off and got out of the car looking at it panicked. I opened the cup and took a step back to not let the fumes go anywhere near my nose and my lungs. After it cleared up, I pretend to look and understand what was wrong with it, but hell, I know shit about cars. I pulled my sleeves up and when i was about to lay my hand a voice stopped me, his voice. I turned my head to his direction and saw him coming closer to me.
"Do you want to burn your hands?" he said but I didn't say anything. I can't even breathe, how much for talking around him.

"Still not talking? Fine..." he mumbled smiling and he pulled the sleeves of his black T-shirt up looking at the car. Breathe Ashley, focus on the car, not on his full-veins-arms. Oh, those heavenly arms.
"This..." he said and frowned pretty quick as he was studying the car.
"Have you got any tools in the back?" he asked me and I opened the trunk looking. I found a small box with some tools and brought it to him.

"I didn't need them after all. You can start the engine" he said and I looked at him pouting, before returning the box in the trunk. Then I revived the engine and it worked normal. He closed the cap and put his hands on it smiling at me.
"All set up" he said and I got outside.
"Thank you" I said and he raised his eyebrows.
"She talks, wow! Should I change your tires too, to get a normal conversation?" He said and a chuckle escaped my mouth but I shut it pretty quick. I could tell him my name, the real one. I think I can do that. Besides, if he has read my journal, and does nothing but comes closer, I think this is a good sign.

"My name is Ashley" I said and his smile got wider.
"It suits you better" he said and I contained the smile forming on my lips.
"Who threatened you?" he asked and I shook my head trying to not frown. Fuck, he actually read my journal.
"No one" I said and he crossed his hands.
"That's not what you have written" he said and my breath cut short once again after he confirmed my thoughts.
"No, I didn't read the whole of it, I would need days for that. Just the today's date, interesting start but more interesting was the ending..."

"I need that back"

"You heard me before, Ashley. I'll give it to you when you talk to me"

"I think I am doing it just now" I said and he shook his head.
"I can help your friend with his addiction, I can keep my mouth shut about the casino, but only if you agree on one thing" he said and I frowned interested in his words.
"What thing?"