10. Meant-to-be.

𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝑮𝒊𝒓𝒍

After the handsome left me back home, I called to the number he gave me to talk to James. I called, although they told me he wasn't able to take my call. I'm worried about him, no matter that Tyler tells me he's there for his own good. I know this is a fact, although, that doesn't make me less worried.
My aunt had the morning shift so she came home shortly after me. We went to buy some groceries together and then back home. She looked troubled; she usually talks for random things that happened during her shift but this time she didn't say much. I had decided a few minutes ago to not push her to talk to me but then she started cooking without the oven turned on so I didn't let her continue and pulled her to sit with me.

"Something is bothering you and you'll feel a whole lot better if you share it with me" I said trying my best to be persuasive enough.
"It's not something that you can help me with, my dear" he said sighing and that out a huge frown on my face.
"Is something wrong at the hospital? I mean did something happen?"

"No, at the hospital was, just another day at work... It's just that..." she stumbled on her words.
"I will tell you something about your parents that you do not know" she said managing to get me nervous. What else don't I know about my parents already?
"They have a house, not far enough from here. It is yours, of course"

"Why didn't you tell me this earlier?"

"It is just that you're growing up and you might want to get your own place sometime so you should know you have it"

"And what has this got to do with the fact that you're moody?"

"Today I realized that you are growing up and that you'll leave me alone soon" she said and a smile got on my face.
"We have time for that" I told her trying to comfort her a bit...

After a couple of hours of contemplating if I should go out or not. My aunt gave me the keys of the house and I thought about going. I'm not sure if I want to, really... But I'm curious...
I got out taking the bus, according to the map app, on my phone and I got down after seven stations and then I started walking. That was half an hour ago. Now, I'm tired of walking, I didn't think finding a house would be so difficult. I decided to keep walking until I find the right number and that seemed to work until the numbers went backwards. One hundred nine and then it was another one hundred eight. Confusion filled my mind but I decided to knock and ask if it is about a mistake or something. If anyone would answer me of course. If no one would answer me I would simply try to open with the key. I took a short breath before the door opened but then I forgot to let the rest of the air reach my lungs as I saw the pair of the darkest of brown eyes staring back at me while I was staring at them.
How, how is he standing right in front of me?

"Hello, beautiful" he said kind of nervous, and I don't blame him. I showed up announced knocking on his door... I found him, without even looking for him. I took some steps back looking around with wonder. Where am I?
"I... Think, there is a mistake"

"You were trying to locate me and didn't expect to find me inside?" he asked and I swallowed my panic.
"No. No, I was trying to find a property" I mumbled and he simply smiled. No, don't smile at me like that...
"And you found me, is there something you want to tell me?" he asked, teasing me obviously and I was holding my breath again.
"Do you want to come in?" he asked crossing his hands and I shook my head in a rush.
"No, thank you" I answered and walked away while checking at my phone, the map is sending me right here.
"Which number is here?" I asked confused and he got outside walking towards me. That smirk waiting for the right time to fully come out on his lips.

"It's one hundred eight, why?" he asked intrigued.
"I'm looking for one hundred ten" I mumbled and he pointed me the right way, on our right.
"This is what you're looking for" he said and I looked at him in disbelief.
"What are you looking for?" he asked and then I took the keys my aunt game me.