𝐮𝐧𝐨 - 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇

╔════▣◎▣════╗

╔════▣◎▣════╗

2002

Mavis trudged carefully against the damp soil of the forest beneath her feet, trees towering over her as their veins of roots entangled inside the mother earth holding each other. She glanced at the sky above her to see the silvery moon that bathed the midnight sky with its luminous glow, surrounded by galaxies of stars stretched to the vast infinity.

The previous Mavis would love to enjoy the magnificent scenery before her but not the tonight Mavis.

Tonight she had an important mission.

Her jaw clenched as she continued her journey further through the dark forest with a duffel bag slung across her shoulder and a flashlight in her hand to find that person, the person who could help her locate them.

They were the main reason why she was wandering like a madman in this dangerous greenwood full of savage beasts that were lurking around just to take a chunk of her flesh.

So far, Mavis had already killed six beasts since she stepped a foot in this area. Though it seems she was going to add another one to her count.

She focused on shaping the light energy in her into a spear. As soon as it began to materialize in her right hand, Mavis gripped the handle of her weapon and spun around to face a massive grey wolf.

Her gleaming spear slashed the wolf, leaving a long cut on the side of its body. The shiny fur of the beast now was tainted with red liquid that seeped out from the injury Mavis gave. The wolf shakily stood up as it snarled at Mavis, showing its sharp canines.

"I'm giving you mercy. After all, you're one of the few that brave enough to attack me so can't you just die?" she asked softly as she circled the wounded wolf.

Mavis's amber eyes gazed at the beast. She didn't like to hurt any animals be it domestic or wild. Mavis loves animals, especially the furred ones. She likes petting them.

When Mavis was just a little girl, the animals in her garden often accompanied her when no one did. It was no surprise to her brothers when they found her having a tea party and playing dress up with her furry friends.

It was a sight to behold. To her however, it was one of the shameful past that she didn't want to ever talk about. Still, it somehow helped to ease the loneliness she felt during her younger days so animals had become a soft spot for Mavis.

That was why she always tried to kill every beast she encountered tonight in one go and yet this one was adamant on staying alive.