𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗾𝘂𝗲 - 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒

╔════▣◎▣════╗

╔════▣◎▣════╗

2002

As the first rays of the sun gently breach the horizon, the cityscape awakens with a serene yet vibrant energy. The cool, crisp morning air carried a sense of renewal as it swept through the streets, causing leaves to rustle and flags to flutter. The city's skyline was painted in soft hues of pink, orange and gold, casting a warm glow that gradually dispelled the shadows of the night.

Streets that were once deserted now came to life with a steady rhythm of activity. Early risers ventured out for their morning jog, their footsteps creating a rhythmic beat on the pavement. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee wafted from corner cafes, mingling with the scent of dew-kissed flowers and the distant sea breeze.

Mavis entered her kitchen, she planned to make blueberry pancakes this morning using the new recipe she got. Courtesy to Mrs. Russo.

The stillness in her home bothered her a bit, she was used to her sweet girl's chatters every morning. Telling her about the clothes she wanted to buy later and the gossip she heard. 

The blonde fae hadn't know where the vampires had gone. She thought Jane was in her bedroom but when she went to look for her just now, she wasn't there.

An apron-clad Mavis stood in front of the stovetop with a mixing bowl of batter in her arm. She expertly preheated the griddle, a faint sizzle filling the air as a droplet of water danced across its surface. Taking a dollop of butter on a spatula, she glided it smoothly across the griddle causing it to produce a satisfying sizzle as the butter melts and coats the surface evenly.

Mavis was going to grab a small container of chocolate chips when her elbow unintentionally bumped into a salt shaker. Before it could fall to the floor, a pale hand briskly caught it.

She swallowed the yelp that threatened to go out, turning around, she found the ruby eyes of Jane staring back at her with no emotion. "Jane... you startled me" Mavis sighed. The blonde girl however didn't utter a word, she simply put the salt aside and took the bowl from Mavis.

The fae let her be. She knew Jane needed to do something to help her divert whatever was in her mind. The duo then stood in silence, only the sound of frizzling pancakes was heard.

"Your outfit is shockingly modest today" Jane hummed as she flipped the pancakes that already turned golden brown at the edge. Mavis inspected herself, a sleeveless white knitted dress topped with a baby blue crop cardigan. True it still hugged her figure but it was the most demure Jane had seen her.

"I want to make a new impression on your brother and the other guy. Where are they by the way?" Mavis wondered. "They went out to make a call to the kings" Jane answered while stacking the pancakes on a plate. Alec had furiously nagged her about ignoring their texts and calls. Telling her how worried he was. It made Jane feel a little guilty toward him.