Chapter 18 Stairs

At that time on the stadium, cheers and shouts intertwined. Lu Yang lowered his head, and she smiled at him, revealing a pair of peach blossom eyes. He tensed up and changed the subject: "I came to return your lunch box." Tian Tian took the pink lunch box, opened it and looked inside. The box was clean, obviously cleaned already. A smile couldn't help spreading across her lips. "Is the mango mille-feuille delicious?" "It's okay, a little too sweet," he said. "I intentionally added more sugar." She emphasized, "My little brother's portion wasn't as sweet as yours." Lu Yang was silent for a moment and said, "Thank you." Tian Tian packed the lunch box into her bag and said, "I need to get going."

During the shooting competition, Tian Chen was awesome and took the first place, but it made him a little arrogant. When the event ended, he called out to Lu Yang. "Brother Lu, I want to compete against you, are you up for it?" Lu Yang turned around and asked, "Compete in what?" "In shooting." Tian Chen replied. Lu Yang looked at the trophy in his hand and raised an eyebrow, "Do you think you are ready?" "Of course not!" Tian Chen smiled, "It's just for fun." Tian Tian stood by with crossed arms, watching the show. "What do you say, Brother Lu, do you want to try?" "Sure." Just as Lu Yang agreed, Tian Chen immediately said, "Brother Lu, if you lose, can you promise me one thing?"

"Lu Yang will lose? What a joke." Tian Tian said to Tian Chen, "We barely got our hands on a trophy, and this little brat doesn't appreciate the honor." Tian Chen ignored her and asked Lu Yang, "Brother Lu, are you okay with this?" "Sure," Lu Yang agreed readily, "I will make one request if I lose, as long as you have the ability to deliver." Tian Chen's smile deepened as she walked up to Lu Yang's side, leaned in and whispered something in his ear. Lu Yang's gaze turned to Tian Tian upon hearing her words.

Although the official competition had already ended, Lu Yang's private showdown with shooting champion Tian Chen still attracted many students to watch. In the twilight, with the sun's rays fading, Lu Yang put on his shooting glasses. The thin, dark lenses gave his gaze a steady and calm quality. While Tian Chen showed off his gun skills, eliciting screams from the girls, Lu Yang had already started warming up by casually and effortlessly hitting the bull's-eye with several shots.

Lu Yang, who was holding a gun, started to look cold and serious. A gun is a weapon that can both protect and harm people. Once he picked up the gun, he shouldered a heavy burden of responsibility. Therefore, Lu Yang's eyes looked deep and thick. Tian Tian sat on the parallel bars with a smile and watched the two men on the shooting range. Tian Chen was confident that he could defeat his former master, Lu Yang. However, judging from Lu Yang's calm demeanor, the winner was already decided. Tian Chen could never be Lu Yang's opponent. Lu Yang had won the police academy shooting competition for four consecutive years. He was a natural sharpshooter. The competition began, and Tian Chen hit the bullseye with all three shots, only slightly missing the final target, but still scoring within the second ring. The surrounding audience cheered and applauded. Tian Chen felt proud of himself and blew a kiss in Tian Tian's direction. Tian Tian lightly laughed and disdainfully brushed off his kiss.

Next up is Lu Yang, he stands up straight, aims at the bullseye. His brow is furrowed, and his eagle-like gaze is fixed on the target. With the first two shots, Lu Yang hits the mark with precision. There is no suspense with the third shot, as long as he hits it, he will win against Tian Chen, who missed his final shot.

Tian Tian watches her little brother confidently and without any signs of losing the game. As she observes him, her suspicions arise as she notices the mischevious glint in his eyes.

Everyone in the audience is watching eagerly for Lu Yang to take his final shot. But inexplicably, Lu Yang hesitates and fails to pull the trigger. Tian Tian watches him closely, puzzled as to why he can't make up his mind. Why is he hesitating to take this final shot?

Just as Tian Tian was wondering, there was a "bang" and Lu Yang fired his gun. However, what everyone didn't expect was that his shot hit the target between the second and third rings, which was even better than Tian Chen's shot! There was a disappointed sigh from the crowd. The police colleagues couldn't believe that Lu Yang, with his skill, would actually miss the target. How could this be possible? They didn't believe it and Tian Tian was even more incredulous.

After the competition ended, Tian Tian grabbed Tian Chen's collar and questioned him, "What did you say to Lu Yang to make him deliberately lose to you?" "Sis, you can insult me, but you can't insult my strength, let alone Brother Lu's bottom line and principle." Tian Chen laughed and pulled Tian Tian's hand away, "Brother Lu lost fair and square." Behind them, Lu Yang walked over. Tian Tian patted Tian Chen's back and the two of them stood properly. Tian Tian said to Lu Yang, "Don't mind what this little brat said to you. He's a coward." Lu Yang walked over to Tian Chen and put his hand on his shoulder. "Good job, you've graduated."

Even Li standing beside thought it was fake. Lu Yang, you are a hypocritical man. Tian Chen smiled and said, "Brother Lu, you lost. You promised me something." Lu Yang replied, "Of course, I won't break my promise." Tian Chen waved his hand at Lu Yang, saying "Brother Lu, let's make a deal."

In the sunset, Lu Yang just raised his hand elegantly without turning his head. After he left, Tian Tian asked, "What did you ask him to promise? Did he lose the game on purpose?" Tian Chen grinned and said, "Call me brother, and I'll tell you." Tian Tian grabbed Tian Chen's ear and scolded him. "Oh sorry, sorry, you're my sister, my ancestor." On the way home, he finally confessed to his sister. "It's nothing really," Tian Chen said indifferently, "I told Brother Lu that you wanted to see the upcoming movie 'Murder on the Orient Express' next week, but I have an exam and can't go. So I asked him to accompany you instead." Tian Tian stopped in her tracks, eyes widening in disbelief. "No way, he agreed? And intentionally lost to you?" She didn't believe it, "You're just teasing me, aren't you?" Tian Chen continued, "I just wanted to try and see, I didn't expect Brother Lu to agree so readily. And he even intentionally lost to me, which was unexpected. But through this, I've figured something out."

Tian Tian's heart skipped a beat, "What did you figure out?" "I think Brother Lu still likes you. He just needs a little push." "A push..." "After all, you were the one who left him first. If I were in his shoes, I wouldn't be able to let go easily either. So, I gave him that push and he followed. Sis, Brother Lu really likes you, don't waste it." Tian Chen turned around and saw Tian Tian standing in the glow of the setting sun. For some reason, he felt like her eyes were a little red.

"I didn't intend to let him down, I just didn't know how to face him," Tian Chen came over and took Tian Tian's hand, "He hasn't changed, and neither do you need to change." Tian Tian wiped her eyes and smiled at him, "Okay." Tian Chen reached out and put his arm around her shoulder, soothingly patting her, "Do you notice how considerate and charming your brother is today?" "His image suddenly became tall and majestic." "Of course it must be." "Thank you," Tian Tian said solemnly, "Really, thank you, Star." "We're family, how could I not help you? As the lyrics go, a person's emotions are like dust, falling from the past and drifting towards the future, so let the past be blown away by the wind..." Tian Chen sang as he spoke. Tian Tian's smile deepened, raising her eyes, and the sunset suddenly fell off the cliff.