Chapter 28 Politeness

Three days later, Mrs. Li took the initiative to contact Tian Tian. During lunch break, the two met at a simple restaurant opposite the TV station. She was wearing a white woolen sweater, matched with a dark jacket, and a straight skirt in a darker color, highlighting her dignified and elegant temperament.

Mrs. Li's name is Wu Li, 30 years old this year. She used to be an elementary school teacher and became a full-time housewife after having a child. She now has a 7-year-old child.

"I came to see you, hoping you won't pursue this matter anymore." Wu Li said to her, "Thank you for caring about me, but like drinking water, I know what's cold and warm. I have a child now and live a happy life, I hope you won't ruin our family."

Tian Tian smiled and poured water for Wu Li with the teapot, saying, "Do you have ever come to this restaurant before?"

"No, I haven't."

"The taste is good, the environment is good, and many office workers come here for lunch."

"What do you want?" Wu Li looked at her guardedly.

"I just want to be friends with Wu Li," Tian Tian smiled warmly.

Because she was older than Tian Tian, she kindly called her "Sister Wu".

Tian Tian was very friendly and had strong communication skills, which was essential for a journalist. During the meal, the atmosphere was quite relaxed. Tian Tian first talked about her own experiences and adventures in the past. Wu Li listened attentively and even exclaimed at the exciting parts.

After a few conversations, Wu Li opened up to her. "My husband and I were introduced by a colleague, and when we were dating, he was very good to me, very compliant. I came from a small place, my parents had no education, and they were doing business in our town. I didn't have any relatives in Jingkai either. When I was sick and had a headache, he took care of me."

"I really liked him, and he liked me too. We got married soon after and had a child. He started to rise in his career, so I quit my job and focused on taking care of our baby."

"He had to drink for social occasions, but he couldn't handle it. He would become violent after drinking. At first, he just got upset and yelled at me, but gradually, he started to hit me."

However, she quickly added, "Normally, he is still very good to me and cares about me."

"Have you ever thought of getting a divorce?" Tian Tian asked.

Hearing the word "divorce," Wu Li shrank back and shook her head repeatedly. "No, I won't get a divorce. He always apologizes to me and says he won't do it again."

Tian Tian held on persistently, "How many times has he said these things?"

After thinking for a long time, Wu Li couldn't even count the number of words he had said. "Anyway, when he's not drinking, he's very nice to me and very generous, giving me and Dian Dian a lot of pocket money. Oh, Dian Dian is my daughter."

"He gives you a lot of pocket money, so that's being nice to you?"

Wu Li trembled as she picked up her glass of water and took a sip before saying, "I know women with successful careers like you probably look down on me and think I am a parasite. Without a man, I can't survive."

"That's not the case," Tian Tian said, "Being a homemaker is also a profession, and raising children is harder than working. I just feel that hitting women, especially one's own spouse, is not acceptable."

"Anyway, I'm not going to divorce him," Wu Li said, "I love my husband very much, and I have children. I have to hang on for my children."

"Violence is addictive. What if one day he hits your child?"