Chapter 56 Marry Me

Now it's already two in the morning, and a warm night light is on in the ward.

Tian Tian is wearing fluffy flannel pajamas, sitting on the edge of the hospital bed, while Lu Yang is sitting on a wooden chair directly across from her.

They are staring at each other.

Lu Yang lowers his head and smiles, but Tian Tian has difficulty moving her hand due to the IV line, so she kicks him lightly: "Stop laughing."

Lu Yang continues to smile, not stopping at all.

"Can you stop laughing?" Tian Tian's face turns red.

" I'm really amused by you " he says, still smiling.

"You can treat pregnancy like a terminal illness, you're amazing."

"I've never been pregnant before, how would I know?" Tian Tian mutters.

"And I really have a fever."

"You've been sleeping under the quilt with the heater on for a whole day and night, it's normal for your body temperature to rise," Lu Yang holds her foot in his hand and tucks it back into the quilt: "But it was quite scary."

Tian Tian still feels frightened, "You did scare me."

He rushes over and hugs and kisses her. What if she really got infected...

Ah, forget it, Don't want to think about it.

"Look at those dark circles under your eyes, you look like a panda," Tian Tian points at Lu Yang's eyes.

Lu Yang yawns and wearily sits next to her, "I'm quite tired these days, you're wearing me out."

Tian Tian spreads the blanket, "You should rest for a while."

"We'll sleep together," Lu Yang insists, "I want to hold you."

Tian Tian can only lie down with him, "Don't be nauguty, just go to sleep."

Lu Yang wraps his arms around her waist from behind, buries his face in her neck, closes his eyes, and says softly, "What nonsense are you thinking? This is a hospital, what could I do to you."

Tian Tian says, "I'm not thinking about anything."

The night light goes out, and not far away, the first light of dawn gradually blends into the darkness.

His warm hand touches Tian Tian's abdomen, and he softly says, "Thank you."

"Thank me for what?"

"Thank you for giving me a little cub."

"Do people call their children that?"

Lu Yang smiled faintly and said softly, "Brother Lu will be a good dad."

After being discharged from the hospital, Lu Yang found some time and brought a gift to visit the family Tian. It wasn't as Tian Tian had anticipated, where Lu Yang would be rejected at the door, but it wasn't a very pleasant visit either. He waited in the living room for nearly forty minutes before Mr. Tian slowly came downstairs.

Gao Ye had been accompanying Lu Yang, sitting by his side on the sofa, having the servants pour tea for Lu Yang, and engaging in casual small talk, all out of courtesy.

Tian Tian knew that her parents still held some grudges against Lu Yang, especially with his mother's strong opposition; both families had almost become enemies.

Moreover, when Tian Tian went abroad three years ago, it was because of Lu Yang. Even the most understanding parents might still harbor some resentment towards him.