Chapter 48 Influenza

Tian Tian returned to the news office's workspace and as soon as she sat down, she felt that the people around her were staring at her with meaningful glances.

The whispering individuals immediately turned silent and went about their own tasks when she walked past them holding a cup of coffee.

The atmosphere in the office was strange the entire morning.

Tian Tian returned to her seat and Yun Cai approached her quietly, saying, "Someone anonymously discussed your matter in the colleagues' group last night."

"What matter were they discussing about me?"

Yun Cai hesitated for a moment, then took out her phone, opened the group chat, and showed Tian Tian.

"Do you all remember the incident with the drunk driving by the wealthy second-generation three years ago? I looked at the reports from back then yesterday and felt somewhat speechless."

"That race car driver, he ended up committing suicide later."

"He was young, only nineteen at the time, and still in school."

"I read that report and felt that the report had a biased and emotional tendency."

"Is that so?"

"Just wait, I'll send it to you to see."

[An anonymous user uploaded a video file.]

This video happens to be the live coverage by Tian Tian at that time. In the footage, that boy had an arrogant attitude, pointing and cursing at the police, wanting to leave in a car.

Tian Tian was quite sharp, her forceful questioning left the boy almost speechless and forced him to behave even more out of control.

At that time, Tian Tian saw that he not only showed no remorse, but also boasted about his family background, saying he could afford to compensate for any amount of money, which made Tian Tian furious.

At that time, just after graduating and entering the news industry, Tian Tian was full of ambition to expose all the unseen evils to the public and bring light to the world. Faced with the tragic fate of the victims and seeing Lu Zhe's unrepentant words and actions, Tian Tian was truly angry.

So the emotions in the report at that time were indeed heightened.

"Don't you think this report is very provocative? Even though the victim and I have no personal relationship, we both feel angry after watching it."

The group fell silent for a few seconds, and someone spoke up: "That child did indeed go too far."

"But after all, he's just a nineteen-year-old kid. Our reporters should report news events truthfully, without mixing their own emotions into it."

"Well, it is a bit unprofessional. Reporter Tian had just graduated and started working not long ago."

"When netizens saw this report, they targeted and exposed him, forcing him to commit suicide. It's not acceptable to use lack of experience as an excuse for that."

"You have a point."

"I heard that the perpetrator was actually Tian's boyfriend's younger brother. In a nicer way, it's called sacrificing personal ties for justice, but in a harsher way, it's called being heartless towards one's own family."

"We shouldn't go that far."

"Most people wouldn't go to such extremes for the sake of their careers."

Song Xiwen interjected, "It's been almost three years since the incident. Why bring it up now? Do you have nothing better to do after finishing your work?"