Chapter - 12

(I'm just so excited reading all your comments that I just can't hold myself back from updating, lol)

"Shin Yeon-hwa?"

Yeon-hwa's sobs subsided as she heard her name being called. Startled, she looked up, her tear-streaked face revealing a mix of vulnerability and surprise.

A familiar voice resonated through the room, filled with concern. "Yeon-hwa, is that you?"

Standing in the doorway was Wang Tae-man, the boy known for his non serious and upbeat personality. But now, his expression was softened, his eyes filled with genuine concern.

Tae-man took a step closer, hesitating for a moment before speaking, his voice filled with sincerity. "Yeon-hwa, should I stay? I can be here with you until you feel better, if you'd like."

Yeon-hwa's breath hitched at his words. It was an unexpected gesture of kindness from someone she had viewed as merely the class clown. But now, seeing the sincerity in Tae-man's eyes, she felt a flicker of hope ignite within her wounded heart. She nodded silently, her tears still flowing.

Tae-man stepped into the room, closing the door softly behind him, his presence radiating warmth and compassion. He settled beside Yeon-hwa, his mere proximity offering solace.

No words were exchanged initially, as they both understood that sometimes, the weight of emotions couldn't be adequately expressed through speech. Together, they sat in the room filled with fading names, their silence speaking volumes.

As the minutes passed, the heaviness in Yeon-hwa's heart began to subside. Tae-man's presence was a balm to her wounded soul, and she felt a glimmer of gratitude for his genuine concern.

Finally finding her voice, Yeon-hwa spoke softly, her voice still tinged with traces of sorrow. "I... I miss him, Tae-man. Yeong-hoon... he was always there for me, and now... I feel so alone. He was the only one who understood me."

Tae-man's playful demeanor gave way to a deeper empathy. He took her cold hand in his warm ones, his eyes reflecting understanding and warmth. "I can't replace Yeong-hoon, and I can't pretend to understand your exact pain, Yeon-hwa. But I want you to know that you're not alone. We're all going through our own struggles, but we can support each other."

Yeon-hwa's tear-filled eyes met Tae-man's gaze, searching for any sign of insincerity or hidden agenda. But all she found was an open heart, ready to offer comfort. A glimmer of gratitude flickered within her, recognizing the genuine care that Tae-man extended.

"I appreciate your support, Tae-man. You don't know how much that means to me," Yeon-hwa said, her voice filled with gratitude. "I didn't expect this from you, but it really means a lot."

Tae-man offered a gentle smile, his eyes meeting hers with understanding. "Sometimes, even the class clown can be serious, you know? We're more than our outward personas. We're human, with our own fears and vulnerabilities. I'm here for you, Yeon-hwa."

"I didn't expect to see you here," Yeon-hwa said softly, her voice carrying a hint of sadness. "Especially after everything that happened earlier. I thought you guys hated me."

Tae-man sighed, his usual demeanor replaced by a somber expression. "I know we had our disagreements, but seeing you like this... I couldn't just leave you alone. And no one hates you. They may be angry but no one can hate you."

Yeon-hwa's eyes glistened with unshed tears as she struggled to find the right words. She chose not to say anything, letting the silence speak millions for her. Tae-man's words touched a chord within Yeon-hwa's heart, reminding her that even amidst her pain and isolation, there were those who cared.