Chapter - 18

Several days had passed since the students had settled into the military camp. As they emerged from their tents, a remarkable transformation was evident. Their school uniforms had been replaced with crisp military attire, symbolizing their commitment to their new roles as reservists. The atmosphere crackled with energy and determination, a stark contrast to the initial uncertainty they had experienced.

Among the students, Chi-yeol stood out with his camera in hand, capturing every moment, immortalizing their journey through the lens. He moved through the camp, recording the interactions and emotions that unfolded before him. Laughter filled the air as students playfully teased each other, while words of admiration and encouragement floated among the group.

As Yeon-hwa stepped out of the tent, her transformation into a military uniform was met with mesmerized gazes from her peers. Her beauty radiated, drawing their attention and leaving them momentarily speechless. A blush tinted her cheeks as she felt the weight of their stares upon her. Unsure of herself, she broke the silence and asked, "Um, do I look weird?"

Soo-cheol was the first to gather his thoughts and approach her, a warm smile lighting up his face, the usual spark in his eyes returning as he met her eyes. Chi-yeol swiftly positioned his camera, capturing the candid moment. Soo-cheol's voice was filled with genuine admiration as he said, "Yeon-hwa, you look absolutely stunning. The uniform suits you perfectly."

The girls couldn't help but look at them in awe. Whispers and murmurs of "They make such a cute couple" and "Look at them, they belong together" fluttered through the air, unaware of someone that looked downcast as they saw them.

Yeon-hwa let out an awkward smile, not familiar with such compliments. She turned towards Soo-cheol and noticed him shyly smiling while looking at her fondly.

Tae-man discreetly stood beside Yeon-hwa, pushing Soo-cheol out of the way playfully. He couldn't hide a hint of jealousy in his eyes as he observed the interaction. Sensing the slight tension, Yeon-hwa just stared at them.

Tae-man tried to maintain his composure, his playful demeanor returning as he nudged Soo-cheol aside and stood beside Yeon-hwa. With a mischievous grin, he couldn't resist asking, "So, how do we look together, guys?" He put his arm on Yeon-hwa's shoulder, hoping to elicit a positive response from his classmates.

Jang-soo, on the other hand, remained silent, observing the unfolding scene from a distance. He had always been a man of few words, but his actions spoke volumes. As Yeon-hwa continued to receive compliments and attention, he silently made his way towards her, standing behind her with a casual air.

Meanwhile, the rest of the students looked on, some with amusement and others with confusion, as the dynamic between the three boys played out before them. They exchanged curious glances, silently questioning the unspoken tension that simmered beneath the surface. The atmosphere became tinged with a mixture of excitement and awkwardness, unsure of how to navigate these newfound connections.

Yeon-hwa, sensing the shifting dynamics, decided to diffuse the situation with a touch of light-heartedness. She took a step back from the group, her gaze sweeping over her peers, and walked over to Chi-yeol, who was still capturing the unfolding scene with his camera. A mischievous smile played on her lips as she asked, "Kimchi, why don't you hand me the camera? I want to capture you too."

Chi-yeol paused for a moment at the mention of his nickname. He didn't expect Yeon-hwa to call him by his nickname, atleast not anytime soon. He broke into a happy grin as he handed the camera to her.

Yeon-hwa held the camera firmly in her hands, a sense of playfulness radiating from her. She positioned herself in front of Chi-yeol, adjusting the camera lens to frame him. With a mischievous glint in her eyes, she pressed the record button, capturing their lighthearted exchange.