|5|

A little while later Elijah and Sophie the witch arrive with different ingredients, that Sophie uses to make a potion which would help Hayley.

"I don't see how a midnight swim is supposed to help." Rebekah said.

"Her temperature is sky high, and the water, with the help of the herbs, should cool us down." Sophie explains getting into the water with the potion. "Drink this. You're gonna have to get her heart rate down."

"What do you think I've been trying to do." I angrily spat, holding Hayley closer as she drinks the potion.

"This is never gonna work." Rebekah comments.

"Davina will break that link. We just need time." Elijah buts in as per usual.

"No! What you need to do is go and get that fucking knotted rope so I can do the spell myself! Now, Elijah!" I shout, glaring at my older brother.

"No, Davina will perform the spell. Perhaps if you cannot, I should try and slow her heart rate." Elijah suggests.

I pick Hayley up, bridal style and hold her even closer. "No, I'm fine."

"Oh, I-I can't breath." Hayley panics.

"Ok, take long, deep breaths. Hayley, look at me. Long, deep breaths. Just focus on the sound of my voice." I gently whisper as Hayley copies my breathing pattern.

"Perhaps I should try?" Elijah buts in again.

"Not now Elijah! You'll be okay. I won't let anything happen to you or the baby. I promise." I said leaning Hayley's head back to float in the water.

Then all of a sudden Hayley starts to scream in pain and hold her stomach. Then a couple seconds later Hayley sighs in relief as the pain goes away.

"I just felt it lift." Sophie spoke.

Rebekah and Elijah let out a sigh and I smile in relief, as Hayley tries to catch her breath while I gently place her down.

Hayley turns to face me, both of us still in the water. Sophie take a pin from her hair and stabs her hand with it. I gently take a hold of Hayley's hand to see there is no blood.

I look up to meet Hayley's eyes. We stare at each other, both forgetting about everything else. Her heart rate starts to go back to normal, as we both get lost in each others eyes. I wish we could stay like this for a while longer, but I have a witch to kill and a dinner to cook.

"Come on. Let's go." I whisper, helping Hayley out from the pool.

"Elijah. As soon as your brother finds out that the link is broken, he'll kill Agnes. I know you don't owe me anything, but please don't let him kill her." Sophie begged, but Elijah vamp speeds away from her to hand Hayley a towel.

"Elijah! She's our only access to the power we need to survive. Promise me that you'll stop him." Sophie said.

Elijah takes out his phone and calls Klaus. "It's me. Where are you? Don't hurt her. I'll be there shortly." Then he hangs up.

"I'll make you one last promise. I won't let any of my siblings kill Agnes." Elijah said, before walking away.

Sophie goes to walk past Hayley, but she grabs the witches arm. "I know you were just using me to save your people, but try again, I'll kill you."

I smile proudly at Hayley then help her up to her room so she can get changed.

"Thank you." Hayley randomly says.

"For what?" I ask confusingly.

"For keeping your promise." Hayley answers.

"Yes, well. I'm not Elijah, I do actually keep my promises." I said causing Hayley to smile.