chapter 5 (Meeting an Angel)

Sandhya pov

After that small embarrassment session of mine, sir went towards his seat and I sat beside Naveen.
Rudra sir while checking both of our resume he asked "so you are Mr. Naveen Shetty and Ms. Sandhya Praba right??" looked towards us.

"Yes sir" we both replied.He nodded, further asked us "Do both of u have experience in wet labs and can I know few practical techniques that u have used and aware of??".

Naveen looked confidently at sir and said "Sir,I have worked in wet labs before and know few basic techniques like ELISa,blotting,HPLC,PCR, and next generation sequencing, even worked as research assistant for ICMR project". After listening to his skills, my confidence level drained, this guy actually know next generation sequencing and already had worked under icmr project .My thoughts were interrupted by Naveen who poked me and signed towards sir,who was looking at me deep glare.I cleared my throat and said"uhhmm" ohh God Sandhya stop being nervous. " Sir,I had known few techniques which are basically used in clinical and molecular labs as I had worked for 1 year.I know ELISA,PCR, and FISh techniques" I replied nervously.

"Okkay and glad u guys have some prior practical knowledge,For further I want u both to submit your research proposals to me by today and I hope u guys have already thought about it.I just want a brief protocol about ur topic and the methodology.On basis of that,one among u would work under me.Now u guys can do ur work and if finished give ur file to the peon". He said, we nodded and stood up to go outside the cabin.
Naveen already has exited the cabin, and I was just going to exit when I heard my name being called "Miss Sandhya",I turn my back to see Rudra sir looking at me irritatingly." Uhh yes sir" i said hoping that I have not done any blunder during this meeting. "Ur one of the earing is missing and lying near the table" he said to me and indicating towards my earrings. I looked at my earring fallen near the table where he is sitting and in all this I can feel deep penetrating gaze on me.I slowly took my steps forward and i went near the table picked up my earring. "Thank you sir" I said to him and turned my back to go out from the cabin but my foot got stucked on something and I stumbled on my feet to balance myself at the same time I heard the sound of"thuddd" i looked towards the noice and there flower vase was lying in pieces which was kept near his door. Sandhya u are gone today and he will never allow to work under him, I thought to myself and turned towards him slowly, Sir looked at me by rubbing his forehead.

 Sandhya u are gone today and he will never allow to work under him, I thought to myself and turned towards him slowly, Sir looked at me by rubbing his forehead

I opened my mouth to apologise him but he interrupted me by showing his palm and said"Leave"

I immediately left his cabin and finally took a breath to relax myself.I went to the library to see Naveen has already started to write his proposal.I sat on the chair and opened my file where already I have written my proposal.I started to do some final editing and after satisfying with my proposal.I stapled my papers and looked towards Naveen who was still writting.I stood up and walked towards the peon who sat outside the cabin, i gave him my file and asked him to give it to sir.
Now I was ready to go to my home.

I was on my way to go home,when I got call from my mom asking me to buy few necessary grocery items.So, i asked auto driver to take me to bigg bazar branch as these days they are giving discounts on their products and plus i have Paytm coupons so thought to utilise this.This is how the middle class people mind works, they have to think everytime about how, when and where money can be saved and when to spent.
I entered the bazarr took the cart and search for the items needed. I have almost got all the items in my cart now only I have left with Maggie packets and few chips packet where they were promoting one buy get one free offer.So me being greedy i went towards the lane started looking for my items when I felt someone tapping my hip and my senses got alert i turned to my front to beat the shit of the owner who did that.But no i was wrong the owner was cute girl may be around one year was sitting on the baby seat of the cart. She was looking so cute and gave me toothless smile. That smile was enough for me to fall for this cutey.

"da daaa," her sweet voice broke my thoughts and i looked around to see for her guardians but none of them were there or may be they were present in the other lane

"da daaa," her sweet voice broke my thoughts and i looked around to see for her guardians but none of them were there or may be they were present in the other lane. But how can someone leave this cutie pie alone.I looked at her and teased her "So this naughty girl is the one who tapped my bum haan" i fake glared her and she actually laughed at me. "Ohh so cutey what are u doing here alone and where are ur parents" i asked her sweetly but she suddenly started to cry.I picked her up and started to look for any help. "Dadaaa" she was chanting continuously may be calling for her dad. I was going towards the sales man when a old woman came in front of me and hurriedly took the girl from my arms at that moment I felt something precious getting snatched from me.Anyways I ignored it and look towards the old woman who was saying sorry to that cute girl, who was now happily babbling something to that lady. "Thankyou beta for taking care of her in my absence, i am her dadi" she said. I nodded and said "that's fine mam but please try not to leave her like that u never know how cruel can people be sometime".That old lady looked at me in guilt and said "I actually thought that I will be done in 5 min as I have to buy her nappies from other lane and me being old couldn't scroll that heavy filled cart with her to that side of lane.So thought to leave her and even i asked the helper of this bazar to look her for 5min, but I don't know where she went now.I am so sorry beta for inconvenience". I nodded at her and said "It's okk mam, ur granddaughter is safe that's what it matters ". I looked towards the cutey who is sucking her thumb and gave me sly smile "bye cutie and take care" I kissed her cheeks and turned my back to back when I felt my dupata being pulled.I looked at my back only to see my angel cutey holding my dupata strings.Her grandmother was trying to free those strings but no her hold is so strong.I smiled at old lady and said "let me try mam and can I know her name please". She instantly replied me "Pari,her name is pari". Such a beautiful and perfect name for this cute angel.

I watched her playing with those strings and putting inside her mouth

I watched her playing with those strings and putting inside her mouth.I went near her and said" Pari beta can u please leave my dupatta I have to go home na beta",I tried to free my dupatta but she didn't loosen her hold instead now started to cry loudly. I looked at her dadi who was giving me helpless looks I sighed and said
" chalo tik hein so yeh dupatta rakh lo ab toh chup ho jao rona math " I removed my dupatta and gave it to her.She instantly grabbed the cloth and hold it near her chest and gave me smile with tears in her eyes and my heart was in peace after looking that pure smile on her face.
I gave my regards to that old lady and went towards the billing section but somewhere i have felt some instant connection with Pari.