Chapter 8 (second time With Angel)

Sandhya

I picked up her and asked her"Miss Pari are u following me??" she squealed at me and tapped my cheeks with her hands

She was looking so cute wearing that traditional frock. "Pari With whom did u come here"? I asked looking around to see someone and there I spotted her grandmother a few distance away from us.
Her face was tensed and talking to someone on her mobile while her eyes were looking around.
"Pari see there ur dadi is, let's go to her she is searching for u dear," I said to her in a baby voice and latched her herself in the crook of my neck.

We went towards her dadi, but she didn't notice us as her back was facing us. "I am searching for her don't know where she went when I just laid her on the mat and gave her toys to play with so that meanwhile, I could take out her nappies from the bag," she said to the caller may be Pari's dad because I can hear a deep voice from the other side.

"So miss naughty u crawled from here to there in a few seconds haan" I silently whispered to Pari who gave me a mischievous smile.
Not wasting much time, I called her dadi "Excuse me mam' she turned to me, and instantly her face got relieved after seeing Pari in my arms. "thank god, beta Pari mil gaye, there is no need to come here we will reach home with driver " she said to the caller and cut it.
"Pari beta kha chali gye thi tu teri dadi ki jaan chali jati aj," she said to Pari and took her from my arms.

Pari's hands were on my bracelet and started to play with it while being in dadi arms.
Her dadi looked at me "Thank you again beta and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by her. I just turned to take the nappy from the bag and by the time she crawled away at jet speed" she said the last sentence glaring at Pari who was just playing with my bracelet with utter concentration.
I chuckled and said "It's ok mam I think ur granddaughter and I have a strange connection maybe that's why we are meeting like that. " I said to her. "don't call me mam u can call me Aunty and even I think Pari is comfortable with u otherwise she would cry in seconds in the presence of strangers," she said to me. I nodded at her and said, "ok Aunty I should go now, nice to meet u both". I tapped Pari's cheek and bid her goodbye.

I searched for Sweta so that we can meet the bride and groom and give them gifts.

"hi Sandhya" I turned my back on hearing a familiar voice. "ohh hi Jyoti," I said to her remembering she was with me in graduation and first year of PG.
After that, she got married and did her PG by distance. She was the only one I would say who has been a good friend to me but we lost contact. "How are u after so long we are meeting now," She said to me with a smile.
"yes I am good what about u and are u alone or have come with ur husband," I asked her.
"hmm no I have come with my mom actually Smita's mom is a good friend of my mom so Yes," she said.
"what about u Sandhya how are u doing and Are u married?" She further asked.
"No Jyoti I am still single and have got Ph.D. admission. Coming to my marriage my parents are looking for a good match" I said to her and asked her "And what are u doing, u have completed Msc right?".
Her face turned gloomy and said, "umm yes I have completed Msc but right now I am a housewife".
"But Jyoti why didn't u gone for a Ph.D. as I remember u have been very keen on the research field," I asked her.
Jyoti smiled at me sadly and said "That's before marriage Sandhya after marriage my choices and wishes have vanished. I am happy for u Sandhya at least u gave priority to yourself and building our career. U know before marriage all the big promises done by my husband of allowing me to work and study further were forgotten after the marriage. I still remember Sandhya when u said love is overrated and the most important is respect, u were correct. At starting of our marriage I used to feel lucky to got such a loving husband and family but gradually that love and care got vanished. In the name of love and care, they overlooked my choices and dreams, and I being naive got manipulated. Now, we are just leaving like roommates only for my 2year old kid while giving free service of doing household chores". She said with disappointment etched on her face and went away to attend the call.