Chapter 07

I swing my head backward, colliding with the man's nose as he groans in pain, and I quickly run out of the room—towards the closest elevators. My breathing finally calms down once the doors shut and a vivid memory plays before my eyes.

The nurses stare at me in fear and jealousy as I stride past them, heading straight for Jasper's office. They can stare all they want, but they'll never get what I have. Never. Why? Because I'm better. Thankfully, my dear husband is alone as I paste inside and lock the door. He's surprised to see me as he uncrosses his legs and sits up straight. "Serina? Do you need something?"

I throw my bag on a chair nearby and stand between his legs, pulling my jacket off. "You. I need you."

Jaspee widens his eyes, "I'm working—"

To shut him up, I lean down and kiss him hard against those lips. Our tongues instantly connect and a small smile forms when I feel his hand pulling my body against his.

"Please? Just this once and I promise to not bother you again while working."

He deeply groans when my fingers unbuckle his pants. "Fine. But you need to be quiet."

Oh, that'll be hard since he's so good at it. It's one of the reasons why I love him so much. After meeting with Cain today, the piece of shit made me lose my mind again and what better way to release my anger than having sex with my husband? He'll never deny me—always doing whatever I say. I intend to keep it that way till it's not necessary anymore.

My precious thing. How naive can he be?

I think I'm going to throw up. Not because I was desperate enough to have sex with Jaspee while he was working, but because of Cain and those horrible thoughts. I was a bad person; there's no denying it anymore. Once I'm in the car, I drive back home because my questions about who I was has been answered.

I was having an affair with the man back in the hospital and there could be a possibility with Cain too.

Of course, Jasper doesn't know anything about this but how will he react if he finds out? How could he have not realized it sooner? Or was I having an affair for a short period before my memory loss? There are still so many questions to be answered and I have a feeling Cain can answer them, but he makes me so nervous; especially with what happened at the art gallery. Maybe Coral can help me instead? No, I already cleared her out since she's the one that warned me not to dig too deep. Why? My phone rings, snapping me out of my thoughts, and I press the button on the steering wheel to answer.

"Hey, you okay?" Jasper's voice comes through the car's Bluetooth connection.

"Yeah? Why? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Angus called me and said you stopped by the hospital. Why did you go there?"

Ugh, did he have to tell him?

With quick thinking, I reply, "Remember Mia? The nurse who helped me with the recovery? Well, I wanted to see her but she was out for the day."

"Oh," he sounds hesitant.

"Angus thought you were taking the day off. You never told him that you're at another hospital?"

"I did, he must've forgotten."

How very little I know of Angus, it seems like he takes his job very seriously so there's no way he'll forget if Jasper told him. Why hide it?

"Well, I called to make sure you were alright. I have to go but we'll talk later. I love you."

"I love you too." My eyes widen and I smack my lips shut. Those words came out so naturally that there was no thought behind them.

A slight pause before Jasper chuckles, "You have no idea how much I'm smiling right now."