Chapter 2

After what felt like an eternity wrapped in Sarah's loving gaze, I reluctantly pulled away. I checked the time on the clock, sighing. "We should get going," I said. "Your parents will be waiting." 

Sarah pouted playfully. "Do we have to? I'd rather stay right here with you all night."

I chuckled. "As tempting as that sounds, I wouldn't want to face the wrath of your father."

Sarah giggled and planted a quick kiss on my lips. "Okay, let's get going then."

We drove in comfortable silence, our hands still entwined. I couldn't stop smiling, my mind replaying the moment Sarah had confessed her love for me. I had dreamed of this for so long, yet it felt even more magical than I could have imagined.

When we arrived at Sarah's house, I walked her to the front door like a gentleman. She turned to face me, glowing in the warm porch light. "I had a wonderful time tonight," she said softly.

"Me too," I replied, gently tucking a stray hair behind her ear. "I love you, Sarah. Sweet dreams."

Sarah beamed. "I love you too. Goodnight." She stood on her tiptoes and kissed me tenderly. I wished the moment could last forever.

Reluctantly, Sarah pulled away and opened the door. "See you tomorrow?" she asked with a hopeful smile.

I grinned. "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

Sarah waved and closed the door, but my heart remained with her. As I drove home that night, I found myself already looking forward to our next date, our next kiss, our next 'I love you.' Our story had only just begun, and I couldn't wait to see where it would take us.