6 ~ trapped and starved

I don't know how long I have been in Pain's domain, but I do know that I am sick and tired of this place. I have figured out that she comes in twice a day, and those are the times she gives me food and drink. If my estimations are correct, it has been four days. I'm exhausted, thirsty, and starving. I refuse to consume anything that Pain offers, as I do not want her to trick me into eating something that could harm me. Or worse. So I don't eat, I just sit in the room, and stare off into space.

My exhaustion hits a point one night, and I end up just passing out. When I come to, there's food laid out on the table beside my bed. She's nowhere in sight. But still, despite the nausea and the intoxicating smells of food and drink.... I do not yield and consume it. Instead of letting myself be tortured by the food, I drift off to sleep again.

When I awaken once more, Pain sits at the edge of my bed, peering at me thoughtfully. She does not speak, just watches my every move. Finally, after a long and awkward silence, she speaks.

"Why haven't you been eating or drinking?"

I don't say anything, and the silence stretches on.

She sighs and shifts in her seat, shaking her head. Her wings shift behind her, and she looks up again. "You're going to starve. Humans need sustenance to ssurvive. Do you have a death wish?"

I glare at her, but still, I don't say anything.

"Are you just too good for my food and drink?"

I roll my eyes.

"What do you want from me, Elorha?"

"I want to go home," I snap.

"Home, or my brother's domain?"

"My home is his domain," I hiss.

"No, that's just what he's told you."

"I think I'd know what my home is," I hiss. "You don't dictate where my home is."

Pain stands up and places her hands on her hips. "I hope you know what you are doing."

"The same could be said to you."

She walks to the door, and vanishes. I sigh and bow my head. I don't know what to do. I'm starving, yes, and I need to drink something. But .... I don't know. I've heard stories. Things that say that if you consume the food and wine of other Courts, you could be driven mad. But if I don't consume something, and Ruin takes a while to get here ....

I really don't know what to do. I have not much time left, and if war is truly starting, I'm going to need all the strength I have. But I can't just go off eating and drinking without knowing the side effects of doing so.

I'm really at an impasse right now. I just hope Ruin shows up before I die.