39 ~ healing potions and love

When we arrive at Lyric's cabin, she busies herself with making elixirs for all of us.

Ruin lays on the couch I was resting on, Wither is outside, making sure the coast is clear. And I'm sitting beside Ruin, staring off into space as he sleeps. My wings are wrapped around me, in an effort to keep me warm. The cold air is enough to make your skin tingle, and as I sit beside the fire and try not to stare at Ruin, I let my mind wander.

But then, the images of that bug thing that All-Maker and Pain sicced on me comes to mind. And the way that the thing looked reminiscent of my mother .... in some weird, warped way ....

And Concordia. She's dead, her body possessed by Pain. And now, if I want to kill Pain, I'm gonna have to kill Concordia. Again.

I sigh and put my head in my hands. There's also Mirage and Farrin to think about. I lift my head up when I hear Ruin stir. I see him adjusting his position, moving his wings so that he's not laying on top of them. He sleeps so peacefully. I envy him.

"How is he?" Lyric asks, startling me to the point I jump. "Sorry! I didn't mean to frighten you."

I nod, clutching my chest. "He's sleeping."

"Well, I've made elixirs for him and you, since I can smell the infection in your leg now," she says. "Mind if I take a look at it?"

"Go ahead," I tell her, propping my leg up on the couch beside me. Lyric scoots closer to me, and unbinds the wrap over my wounded leg.

She opens the bind, and the smell of something hot and sticky and gross fills the room. She wrinkles her nose, and looks at me.  "I'm going to have to pour some of this on your leg. Alright?"

I nod. She hands me a stick. "Bite this. It will hurt, so this is to make sure you do not bite off your tongue."

"Great," I murmur, and pop the stick between my teeth.

Lyric opens the vial, and gently begins to pour the cold liquid on my leg. On the wound. And the pain is so bad that I scream. It burns and stings at the same time, and she murmurs something that sounds like a spell as she empties the vial. Lyric then raises her head, and gestures for me to hand her the fresh gauze and wrappings for my leg. I hand it over, and she nods her thanks, then rewraps my leg.

Finally, as she finishes up, she turns and goes to Ruin, who is now stirring yet again. He opens his eyes, and gasps when he sees her.

"It's okay," says Lyric.  "I am Lyric. I'm a friend of Elorha."

"Oh," he whispers.  "Ow."

I limp over, dragging my wings behind me, and as I sit beside Ruin, he smiles at me weakly.  Lyric kneels before him, rifling through a satchel. She holds up a blue bottle.

"This is a healing potion, Sir Ruin," she says.  "Drink it. It will help you with the healing process."

He nods and starts to drink.  She checks him for wounds while he drinks, and then looks to me.

"It seems the wounds he had have healed," she says.  She looks to him.  "Good. Sir, uh, are you feeling any more pain now that you have had the potion?"

Ruin shakes his head after a moment. "No, I'm fine."

"Alright."

Wither comes in then. She looks between me and Ruin, then says, "I am going to find Death and Rogue. I can sense them. They need help."

"I'll come," Ruin says. He stands on wobbly legs.

"No," Lyric says.  "You're not in condition to do this, Sir Ruin, you need to let your body process the healing potion."

"But Death and Rogue.... they need me," he says.

"I'll go with Wither," I offer.

Ruin looks to me. "Are you sure?"

I nod. "My leg hurts like hells, but I need to help your siblings. I can't let them get hurt because of Pain and All-Maker."

"All-Maker? Ugh. I hate them," snaps Lyric.

"I .... am coming with you," says Ruin. He turns to Lyric.  "I thank you. If and when I can redo my Court, I will welcome you with open arms."

Lyric smiles.  "I look forward to it, Sir."

I face Wither, who offers her hands. Ruin and I both grab her hands. I thank Lyric one last time, and then, we are gone.