16 ~ healing

Imogen and Maude meet us in the library, as Ruin summoned them, and now, Erasmus is taken to the dungeons beneath the library.  I lay on the cold floor, my blood pouring out of the wound in my left side, and Imogen heals me once more.

"You're always getting hurt," says Imogen.

"Yeah," I breathe, my body hurting like crazy.

Maude looks at Ruin, as he is sitting beside me, my head in his lap.  "You could've prevented this."

"Watch it, Maude," Ruin snaps.

"I am, but are you?"

He glares at her. I sigh.  "Don't, Ruin. It's okay."

"I'm gonna give you a tonic to help your body with the pain of all these healed wounds." Imogen pulls out a satchel and hands me a handful of vials, filled with silver-blue liquid. I look down at them, and she smiles. "I know they don't look appetizing, but they are helpful, okay?"

Ruin helps me up, and I cry out from pain as we do. I sit down on a nearby chair, my head spinning as I sit.

"You should probably drink some now," says Ruin.

I nod and uncork the first vial, and look at her. "All of it?" She nods, and so, I drink it. The liquid is sweet, but also a bit bitter. I finish it, and look up at her. Imogen grins and takes the vial.

"There you go," Maude says, handing me something small and red and cold. I open my hand and see the small ruby resting there. I look up at her, confused.  "Trust me, keep it on you at all times. It is a protection ruby."

"Actually, hand it to me," says Imogen. I do, and she holds it in both hands. She twists her wrists this way and that, then hands me a necklace with the ruby as the pendant.

"How did you do that?" I ask, shocked.

She smiles.  "I can transmute things."

Ruin grins. "I can help you put it on."

I nod, and he comes over to me. I pull my hair forward, and he clips the necklace around my neck. I adjust my hair once more, and look down at it, which is laying an inch below the hollow of my throat.

"Come with me, Elorha," he says. He holds his hand out to me.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"The war may be starting, but that doesn't mean you cant see the beauty of my realm," he says.  "Come on, I want you to see something."

I take his hand, and star-kissed magick swirls around us, then, we are whisked away from the library.