19

"There was this guy she kept telling me about, Jeff. Apparently, he was saying he was a sub and he actually wasn't. Kam said he parked by her daily, walked into her room all the time, and asked her to dinner once. Even after she told him she was married," he explained to Jay, looking in on Kam every once in a while.

Jay was writing it all down and he would talk to Kam as well but making her talk less about it would hopefully help her.

"Do you know any identifying information?" Jay asked, looking over at his son-in-law.

"I don't. But if he touched her car, there could be fingerprints," he suggested, hoping that that would be enough for them to at least get an ID on Jeff if that was his name. "Im sure she'll know more than I will,"

"I'll ask her the same questions later," he nodded as both of them looked in on Kam.

The doctor came by and checked in, also with the baby's doctor who promised to come back when Kam was awake.

Jay and Keith continued to work on this new case they'd had dropped into their laps.

Kam was in and out for the day, mostly recovering from the c-section more than anything. They had gotten her up for a few minutes but that didn't last long. Other than her stomach, her head was the only other thing bothering her.

Jay came in with lunch for both of them, getting her Panera while Keith went home to see the girls.

"Thanks, Dad," she smiled a little, pulling her tray closer to her.

"Of course Kam," he smiled a little, "I do have to talk to you about it all though. I need to know what you know about him," he told her, looking over as he got her soup on the tray.

"Like what? What did Keith already tell you?" She asked, carefully opening the container.

"That doesn't matter. Keith wasn't the victim here. You were. So I need to hear what you know," he explained, opening his meal as well.

"He met me at the door one morning and told me he was taking over for Mrs. Sats. She's one of the English teachers for 9th grade. I was a little weary of him since I know how long the contracts take to get finalized,"

"How long is it usually?"

"About 3 or 4 weeks for my last one. He said his was finalized overnight," she said as she looked at Jay, "He noticed when I was gone for a day and that's when I started locking my door when I didn't have students. I didn't want him to come near me,"

Jay nodded and looked at her as she ate some of the soup, "Did he know you were pregnant?"

"Not until the day of," she told him, "I'm sorry we hadn't told you and Mom yet,"

"Right now, I want to find this Jeff and that's all I'm focused on. I'm gonna find who hurt you. And I'm pretty sure Keith is going to lose it when we do," he nodded, his way of telling her to continue.

"It was like he was always around. I turned around to lock my classroom door one day and turned back around and there he was. Just standing there,"

"Did he walk to the car with you?" Jay asked, looking at her for an answer.

"Usually. Or he waited out there for me. It was creepy dad,"