Epilogue

—1 Year Later—

The Morrisons were the happiest family around. Keith and Kam were still very happy in their marriage and it had only grown stronger through adopting Evelyn and having a NICU baby.

Abigail was about to start kindergarten at the school next to Kam's. Luckily the elementary was K-8 and the high school was 9-12 next door. She had started playing soccer at the local soccer center and loved running around with all of her little friends.

Evelyn was almost 3 and living her best life with her family. She was a complete daddy's girl and started cheerleading at a small cheerleading gym.

Emersyn was almost 1 and even though she was earlier than they liked, she was flourishing in her environment at home. She was starting to pull herself to stand and walk all over the viewing areas while her sisters were at practices. The only concern they had, was that she hadn't started talking yet.

"Alright Abby, help Ev unbuckle, and then you can come out of Emmy's door," Kamryn told her as she pulled into the driveway.

"Can we go to nanny and Poppy's mommy?" She asked, looking across the street.

"Maybe when daddy gets home," she told her, getting out of the SUV and unbuckling Emersyn from her rear-facing seat.

"Daddy's here," she giggled, waving as Keith pulled up beside them.

"Alright we'll talk to Daddy," she nodded, helping her jump out and lifting Evelyn slightly.

"Daddy!" Abby yelled, running around the car as he came around the front, greeted by Stryker.

"Hi baby girl," he smiled, lifting the oldest off the ground.

"Can we go have dinner with nanny and poppy?" She asked, barely getting in the door before she was asking.

"We'll see baby," he chuckled, walking in with the pup.

They ended up having a relaxing night in before work started all over again. Kamryn had a half day so she decided to grab lunch and take it to the unit and have lunch with her husband and everyone she knew all her life.

At the district, Keith had taken Stryker outside and come inside with a large stick that he refused to put down, so Keith just let him.

"uhhhh" Jay chuckled, looking up as the dog came up before his owner.

"He wouldn't drop it," Keith shrugged, sitting back at the desk with Stryker next to him.

"Just take it away from him," he chuckled, writing something down on his desk.

"I tried, he wouldn't listen," Keith shrugged.

Jay got up and tried to take stick only for Stryker to start growling at him.

"Okay. Okay, it's yours," he nodded, backing off as Kamryn came up the steps with pizzas in hand.

"What's going on?" She asked, setting everything down in the break room.

"Stryker won't give me the stick,"