✮ Mumbo? ✮

Grian was building on his mansion, thinking about his boyfriend, whom he hadn't seen all day, or as a matter of fact any day the last week. What had happened to him? And why was he not answering any of the texts Grian had sent him? The Watcher opened his communicator and looked through his messages with Mumbo.

[Hey Mumbo, haven't seen you in a while!:)]
...
[Want to hang out? I miss you]
...
[Hey Mumbo, It's been a while since I've heard from you and seen you. I'm worried about you, are you alright?]
...
[Please reply... please?]

Grian closed his communicator with a sigh. He was worried sick for his partner, maybe he was hurt? Grian made up his decision to go visit Mumbos hobbithole, just to make sure that he was okay. He stretched his wings for a few seconds, readying himself for flying, and then took off.

It wasn't a long flight and he landed smoothly just beside the entrance. He went up to the door and knocked, he waited for a response, but nothing. He knocked again and the door opened by itself. Grian shrugged and went inside.

"Hello" he listened and heard noice coming from the bathroom. So he went to the bathroom and opened the unlocked door.
"Mumbo? You alright?"
"Don't look at me!"
"what? Why not?" Grian said being very confused.
"Just go away okay!" Mumbo said while snapping his head towards Grian, eyes glowing red for a second. 

"W-what just happened?" Grian asked, and the redstoner looked away guilty.
"I'm sorry... alright? You know I would never hurt you. Right?"
"Yeah of course Mumbo! We're dating! Now please tell me what's going on with you. I'm your boyfriend, and I'm worried about you Mumbo" Grian grabbed his hand, but quickly let go as he felt the unnatural temperature of the hand; cold.

"You're cold, you sure your okay Mumbo?"
"I -I'm" Mumbo took in a deep breath "I'm a vampire. Which is why I haven't been outside. The sun would hurt me."

Grian was shocked to say the least, his boyfriend was a vampire, and hadn't told him. Then realization hit him. He was a Watcher and hadn't told Mumbo either, he was just as much of a 'freak', if not more.

Mumbo was cold all the time, probably didn't have a heartbeat, couldn't go into the sun. He himself had big wings with eyes, a halo with eyes, a mask that looked solid but he could see through. Yeah, they were both freaks.

"Okay"
"What!? I just told you I'm a vampire and all you say is 'okay'!?"
"Yeah. I mean we're still boyfriends right? You being a vampire doesn't change that."
"Thank you Grian. I thought you would end our relationship"
"What? I would never"
"Thank you, you're not scared of me, are you?"
"No. Of course not! You're my partner"

Grian leaned in and hugged Mumbo, he was certain that the vampire would never hurt him.
"Hey Mumbo, can't you just get a big sunhat with a veil? Would that help, so you can go outside?"
"I think so, I'm actually working on sewing one... also G, can you keep this between us?"
"Of course Mumbo, I'll see you later"
"Bye G, thank you"
"Bye"

Grian left Mumbos house and quickly flew back to his mansion and went straight to bed after setting an alarm for sunset. After a couple of hours of sleep he woke up as the alarm was ringing.

At first when he woke up, he questioned why he set an alarm, but then he remembered. Mumbo.
He quickly got dressed in his usual red jumper and elytra.

The builder took off and landed in front of Mumbos house as the sun was completely gone. He knocked on the door. No reply. "Hey Mumbo, it's Grian"
He waited another minute and then the door was opened. They met with a kiss.

"What are you doing at this time G?"
"I'm taking you for a walk! You've probably not been outside for days!"
"Thank you G" Mumbos face lit up with a smile, showing his fangs.

They walked and talked for a couple of hours, they also flew to the Shopping District to buy supplies for the sunhat.

Afterwards they both went back to Mumbos house and Grian stayed over to help sew the hat. Mumbo was happy to be dating a man like Grian, who didn't judge him for being a vampire. Ever since he got bitten, he had been worried about telling everyone, because he might be thrown out of Hermitcraft.

He was just happy Grian wasn't scared of him and that he didn't end their relationship.

~784 words