Chapter 25

Yara didn't like the smell of lavender.

"You're finally awake," said Aurora de Martel, leaning down and snapping her fingers in Yara's face. "Good. Now we can get started."

She ripped away from her, looking around and recognizing the St. Anne's Church gym as she sat up. "What the fuck are we doing here?"

"I presume you know who I am?" said Aurora sweetly. She curtsied. "Aurora de Martel. Long-lost love of Niklaus Mikaelson. And you, of course, are the mother of his children. I have so been hoping to meet you."

"Can't say the same," said Yara tightly, getting to her feet. Out of nowhere, Aurora kicked her legs out from under her, keeping her on the ground. "What the–?" She scrambled back up, grabbing Aurora by her hair and using it to yank her forward before kicking into her abdomen and knocking her away.

The redhead was now upset. "That was not nice!" she snapped as she got back up.

"And what you're doing to me is nice?!" shrieked Yara. "Why the hell am I here?"

Aurora's jaw tightened. "Nik and I are having just a little bit of a spat at the moment, as he took my brother captive. As such, I've taken matters into my own hands and taken something that is precious to him. He'd better give me what I want before I make him pay for what he's done. If he wants you back, he can give me my brother."

"He took your brother because you stole Rebekah! I'm pretty sure it was meant to be 'a sibling for a sibling.' Now you've taken more, how the hell do you think this is going to work out for you?"

"I see no reason why I shouldn't be charged with my sire's safety. You would understand if you were her sireling. Maybe you are. If you weren't such a coward, you'd know for certain."

Yara shrugged. "You're not going to get anywhere by making me feel bad for the decision I made to not find out. I understand your fear, really I do. The Mikaelsons have a million enemies and it's very likely this prophecy can come to pass in some way and I can see you just want to be safe– I feel the same way! I want them all safe because I don't want anyone to die, I want my daughter to have all of them in her life. So what do you say that instead of hurting each other we help each other? You tell me how to find Rebekah and I will immediately tell Klaus and Elijah to let Tristan go."

Aurora stared at her. "Does my presence here not bother you?"

"It bothered me when I thought you broke Klaus's heart, I thought you were a bitch. But now that I know Elijah compelled you, I only feel awful knowing what you went through. If I'm angry in any way right now it's because you kidnapped me, not because of who you are. If you want me to be jealous of you, that's not going to happen. This doesn't have to get ugly. I can help you fix this, I can get your brother back to you."

The woman didn't seem to believe her. "I've heard many tales about you, Slayer of Subjugators. You were a slave and then you became the liberator of slaves. Hired as a governess for Niklaus's child, soon worming your way into his bed..." she smirked when she saw Yara make a face. "Problem?"

Yara scoffed. "Yes. If you're going to be rude to me at least be accurate. I didn't just worm my way into his bed. I was a governess and we became friends. It took decades for us to even realize we fancied each other. By then Marcel was a grown up and my job was done."

"Well, go ahead, then. Tell me more. Especially how you feel about Nik. And do bear in mind– I'm a stickler for honesty."

She shrugged, not sure what the hell Aurora was expecting out of this. "I loved him for a long time. We broke up and said horrible things to each other. We're working on getting back together. We have two kids and he means the world to me."