Back at Auradon

"I'll get these back to the gym." Lonnie says holding the swords while the group is walking now back at Auradon.

"Thanks." Jay says.

"See you later." Lonnie says walking off as Jane pulls Ben away from Mal for a few moments to talk about cotillion preparations.

"We need to talk." Evie says as she starts to pull Mal away from everyone.

"Yea." Mal says sadly.

"No." Carlos says causing Mal and Evie to turn around shocked.

"No?" Evie asks.

"You guys are always huddling off to do your girl talk and Alexis, Jay, and I are sick of it." Carlos says.

"I'm not." Jay says as Carlos looks at him.

"We're your family too. We've been through a lot together. We're not stopping that now. Everyone sit..... I don't know how to start girl talk." Carlos says as the group sits on the grass.

"What up?" Jay asks as Carlos looks at him causing Alexis to shake her head sympathetically at the boy's attempt to do girl talk.

"Um well... I'm a mess. I'm such a mess. I mean six months ago I was you know stealing candy from babies and now everybody wants me to be this lady of the court. I have no idea how to keep up the act." Mal says sadly sounding on the verge of tears.

"Then don't Mal." Alexis says.

"See this was dumb." Jay says as he starts to get up.

"Maybe it wasn't. We're always gonna be the kids from the isle or in Alexis's case the kids of a villain. I tried to forget it I really tried but those are our roots and we all did what we had to do to survive. But it made us who we are and we're never gonna be like anybody else here. And that's ok. That's ok." Evie says.

"And we can't fake it." Carlos says.

"No." Evie says sadly.

"Yea I mean especially without my spellbook." Mal says sadly.

"Mal if Ben doesn't love the real you than he's not the one." Carlos says.

"I like that." Evie says as she smiles and nods.

"Give him a chance." Carlos says.

"I'm gonna make some changes to your dress. And if your up for it only if your up for it it'll be waiting for you ok." Evie says as the group get up and leave allowing Mal to have time to herself.

*Timeskip*

Later as Alexis is just getting off the phone with her mom she hears a knock at her door.

"Come in." Alexis says as she sets her phone down on the desk before seeing Carlos come in the door.

"Hey Alexis it's me. I wanted tell you something." Carlos says.

"Of course Carlos what is it?" Alexis asks as Carlos comes over and sits beside her on the bed.

"I lied." Carlos says as Alexis looks at him.

"You lied? About what?" Alexis asks.

"About the truth gummi. I wasn't helping Mal brush up on her magic. I asked her to make the truth gummi for me." Carlos says.

"But why would you need a truth gummi for?" Alexis asks.

"Because I've had some things I've been wanting to tell you but I've been too scared and nervous to do it. Mostly due to my own nerves and your mom. In other words when it came to asking you out or telling you how I really felt at all I'm a total chicken. But I felt I had to do this no matter how scared I am of the result. Listen I care for you a lot. And I mean more than just like you I love you. I know you've been frightened to even use the love word with us because of your mom. But I don't care if your mom likes it or not. I'm prepared to fight for the chance to be with you. For the chance to love you. I really care about you. Do you feel the same about me?" Carlos asks.

"Yes Carlos of course I feel the same but that was actually what I was talking about with my mom on the phone before you came in here. She gave me her blessing to live my life how I wanted. Well within reason anyways. She said if I wanted to be with you I can just long as you don't hurt me." Alexis says.

"Wait are you serious?" Carlos asks.

"Yea. I was honestly surprised too. Since I wouldn't answer no matter what she did. She called Doug and got him to talk me into listening. But she gave me her blessing and so did Doug actually." Alexis says.

"Well I guess that brings me to the next question. Alexis would you like to accompany me to cotillion as my girlfriend?" Carlos asks nervously.

"Yes Carlos I would love to." Alexis says as she hugs Carlos resulting in him hugging her back.

"You have no idea how happy you just made me." Carlos says.

"Oh I think I have an idea. I'm the luckiest girl in the world." Alexis says happily.

"And I'm the luckiest guy in the world." Carlos says happily.