8 - TWO YEARS

Nobody was completely aware of what happened. Ace seemed to be alive, but was nowhere to be found. After a frantic escape, the Heart Pirates, Luffy, Jinbe, Korina, the Snow Dragon pirates, and a Kuja ship ended up on Amazon Lily.

"W-will he be okay? Will he?" Hancock was just walking in circles on the shore beside the Polar Tang, where Luffy was located.

"There's no promise." Law replied, "He's badly injured, but should be fine if his wounds don't open up."

"Come to think of it... what's your relationship with my husband?" Hancock jabbed an accusing finger at Korina, who was reading by a tree.

"Don't know, don't care. Rivals, allies, whatever you want." Korina replied, either not getting Hancock's underlying threat, or, more likely, just didn't want to bother caring.

"Hmph. Well, I'll trust you for now. Just don't get too close with my darling!" The Pirate Empress scowled and stomped away.

"I'm taking a stroll." Korina told Law a minute later. It took him a moment to actually remember that, as a woman, Korina was allowed on the island despite being foreign.

Jinbe, who had been sitting by a pile of fruit nearby, spoke up, "You do realize Straw Hat and Snow Dragon can be a future enemy, right?"

"Yes, I'm well aware. That's why I have to play my cards right." Law replied.

A FEW DAYS LATER

Rayleigh had shown up and Luffy was awake. Those two, along with Jinbe and Korina, were on a ship headed back to Marineford.

As they neared the dock, Marines instantly began shooting at them. Korina froze solud the cannonballs by launching equally large balls of sheer cold.. She didn't seem exactly get how killing objects worked but it did.

Luffy hurried towards a bell in the center of the plaza, or whatever it is, and rang it 16 times straight. One would notice, on his shoulder, there was a crossed out 3D and 2Y underneath it.

After newspaper cameramen had taken pictures, the ship retreated.

LATER

"That worked well." Rayleigh chuckled.

"Since I have two years, I'll be doing my own thing. Satsuna, you're in charge, if you guys don't decide to do your own stuff.." Korina said quickly, before walking on board her small, packed boat and Milky Dial-ing away.

And so two years began.

TWO YERAS LATER

The bell on the door of Shakky's Ripoff Bar rang. A familiar figure stepped inside.

"Welcome back, Korina. You're the first, not counting Soul King." Shakky grinned. Korina wasn't much different, but her hair was cut short, stopping just past her shoulders. She had a black T-shirt covered with a blue, white-edged hoodie and dark gray-blue jeans. 

"According to their current locations, I'd say a few hours before the next one arrives." Korina guessed, sitting down on a bar chair and asking for some hot cocoa, "Probably Satsuna."

Like Korina had guessed, the door was banged open three hours later, almost shaking the captain's hot cocoa off the table.

"Satsuna, not so loud." Korina frowned. 

Satsuna still had her signature twin tails hairstyle, but they were longer, reaching her waist. She had a light pink sweater and brown knee-length jeans, completed with a ribbon her back.

"I was before Tano, right?" Satsuna asked, which was confirmed.

"Great. He owes me two thousand." She smirked.

Across the days, several Straw Hats arrived. A day after Robin sets foot on the island, Akio comes into the bar.

He was slightly taller, with his hair the same length. He had a bronze jacket covering a black shirt. Dark brown trousers completed his outfit.

The last to arrive was poor Tano. As soon as he set his eyes on Satsuna, his shoulders visibly slumped.

"Ugh, now I have to pay two thousand berries." The pirate sighed. Tano remained largely the same, apart from a scar running from the back of his left hand to his elbow. He had a gray striped shirt and baggy navy trousers. He had on one of Rokuo's black hoodie-capes, meaning he had had a quick trip to the Snow Dragon Base.

"Pay up." Satsuna smirked. With a playful but defiant glare, Tano dug into his pocket and retrieved the money.

"The Straw Hats are doing whatever. I'm putting on a call with Rokuo and the other Captains to catch up these two years. I'm quite sure none of us were keeping an eye on the news." Korina suddenly said, getting straight to business. She plopped several Transponder Snails on the table, each with a named sticker.

"Akio, you haven't met the Snow Dragon Captains, have you?" Tano asked friendlily.

"Nope." Akio replied simply. A 'click' sounded from the table as two vidro Transponder Snails simultaneously lit up.

One of them was Sora. She let her hair grow past her shoulder, though her clothing wasn't visible in the camera. The other was Kamino Rui. He had ear-length white hair like his sister and steel gray eyes with a tint of playfulness like his sister.

A moment later, Roxan Morgan's face popped up. She had brown hair falling down her back and amber-brown eyes. Her face lit up at the sight of Sora and Rui on the two other snails.

Korina let her crewmates enjoy idle chatter for a few minutes when at last Aquago Lapis and Rokuo turned on their snails.

Lapiss had short, slightly messy dark azure hair with a tint of turquoise. His eyes were dusky violet and a bored expression. Rokuo was same as always, though turns out tapping away on a computer every moment was bad for eyes since he had a pair of rectangular framed black glasses.

"I knew you didn't vanish! Give me a call before you go off on holiday next time, K?" Sora started the conversation.

"Let's get straight to business. Any news when I was away?" Korina cut in.

Just wanna say the other 4 snow dragon ships do have a crew but will either get no spotlight at all or only briefly be mentioned

"Fake Straw Hats, I believe." Rokuo replied.

"Yes yes, but I have another concern." Rui interrupted, "Rokuo... where do you get your technology?"

There was a silence. Rokuo's eyes flashed momentarily in panic. Korina narrowed her blue eyes in suspicion. Shakky watched the scene with mild amusement and curiosity. The wind jingled the doorbell as the silence continued.

"Answer." Korina demanded.

"It's a long story, I suppose it's time to talk..." Rokuo sighed, "It all started when time travel was created in the year 3715."