13 - THE SOUL OF THE PHOENIX

Major timeskip to last day of cursed lands

The days in the Cursed Lands passed surprisingly quickly. Law set off to explore more of the strange place and to escape the challenges that related to other people.

The second day, sounds became distorted. They sounded like somethig else unrelated. Unfortunately for the two pirate crews, the first day's curse seemsnto have not disappeared.

The third day, colors changed. It was like everyone was colroblind except they all saw different tthings.

The fourth day, weather became unnatural. Clear sky and pouring rain, lightning in a sunny sky. There was no pattern.

The fifth day, temperature fluctuated. One moment it could be sweaty hot and the next freezing cold. Three people got sick that day- Zoro, Akio, and Robin.

The sixth day, taste became twisted. Strawberry jam could taste like gravel, and mud like lemonade. Zoro made a fast recovery, but the temperature and weather changes brought sickness upon Satsuna and Sanji. Ember assisted Chopper with some basic things in Satsuna's place.

Then came the seventh day, the supposed final day.

"Alright, Sanji and Robin, you're good to go." Chopper said cheerfully after retrieving  the thermometers from his patients. "Make sure to always have iced drinks and warm clothing out there."

"Yep, thansk, Chopper." Sanji replied, Robin nodding as well. Tano had taken apart some of the useless clothing items the crews had and made some makeshift jackets. There weren't enough for everyone, so some people had to remain in the slightly more stable tent.

Outside, it was currently burning heat mode. The sun was bright in the sky, while distant rumbles of thunder disrupted the silent heat.

Usopp, Nami, and Tano were chatting right next to the tent's entrance. Korina sat by the other tent, looking like she was about to die as she fanned herself and choked down some cold water- though it probably tasted like something terrible. It was fair to assume the rest were in the other tent.

"We should be out of here by tonight, right?" Sanji asked, attempting to strike up conversation. Tano nodded drowsily. "Uh-huh. That'a what the voice said."

Sanji decided to go join Nami, Tano and Usopp's conversation while Robin took a seat next to Korina. The archaeologist watched the pirate captain sit in silence, before she finally asked the question itching her for the past few days.

"That night- what did you talk to Ember about?"

Korina looked up, squinting her eyes- Robin recalled the color curse made Kor. "I'll get to that. I called Sora that night, and hopefully the Amethyst Typhoon crew will meet with us when we get out of here. It... concerns Sora."

Robin nodded, not pushing further. "Alright. Oh, and also..."

Korina looked up. "What?"

"The dragon of death you caught that... where is it?"

Korina fished around in her pocket and brought out the familiar black ball. (Pokemon-) "It's stable for now. "

Robin hummed. "I see. Also, we should put our warm clothes on."

The black-haired archaeologist pointed at the sky, where dark clouds were rapidly covering the sun. Only a moment later, rain and hail started pouring down.

"Wh-what's the time?" Nami shouted from her spot across the camp, struggling to put on her light gray sweater. "W-we came here at a-about four, r-right?"