15 - FADING MIRAGE

A/N: btw the whole marine ship upcoming part isn't an arc just like a few paragraphs lmao

According to the villagers, there was no poneglyph on the island and that it was a fake rumor from another traveller who had gone mad in the Cursed Land. The next day came, and the two crews' and their ships set sail to meet with Korina's supposed noble friend.

Like expected, a small boat met up with them.

"Hey, Korina, is that your friend?" Usopp called, pointing overboard the Thousand Sunny to the little boat. Korina, who wasn't on her own ship at the moment, walked over and nodded.

The one on the boat was a young girl in typical World Noble spacesuit attire. However, her oxygen tank hat was lying beside her, clearly neglected. Her hair was dark blonde, falling to her shoulder rather than vertical like other Celestial Dragons.

"Hey... Korina..." she greeted tiredly, dropping her oars. The Straw Hats and Snow Dragons gathered on the board of the Sunny as the girl made her way onboard with a can of spray paint.

"You guys are... pirates?" she asked, curiously walking in circles around the Straw Hats, unintimidated. "I've never seen any of you apart from Korina and her crew."

"Are you really a noble? You don't act like one." Robin questioned bluntly as Cara poked at her hair. The blonde girl nodded, taking no offense. "Uh-huh. I get that a lot. I think you regular people are interesting."

Korina called all the Snow Dragons to come over to the Straw Hat ship. "Okay, this is Cara. The plan is, she's going to pull rank on some Marines to bring our ships while we'll hide onboard. Nice and simple, nothing we have to do. All happy?"

Everyone who was present nodded. Cara nodded cheerfully, walking around the ship for some hiding spots. Some of the Straw Hats were confused at how Korina could befriend her.

"Okay, good luck," the girl waved to Korina, Ember, Franky, Usopp and Chopper, who were lurking in one of the rooms before repeating it to the others. Then they closed the doors and waited.

LATER (yeah thats all)

"Welcome to the New World," Cara greeted. "You only have a few minutes before the Marines come after you. Get your ships out of here fast, bye!"

Nami rushed to the helm of the Sunny, and Satsuna went into the interior of the Sapphire Blink to set up the dial system. A moment later, the two ships were zooming away from the Marine base where they arrived.

Nami stood at the helm again, guiding the Sunny. Satsuna was chatting with her, the Blink travelling on it's own with Rokuo's robot (yep its still alive) watching out for errors. Tano walked out of the Sapphire Blink's interior a while later, holding a map stolen from somewhere. "Hey, Korina, we're going to the, uh... Ink Island next right?"

Korina nodded, sitting down on a chair to think. "Yes. I heard there aren't a lot of people living there, which is strange since it's right between our location and the next island."

"Well, we're going to find out whatever's going on there," Sanji shrugged, handing Nami an iced lemonade, before dishing them out to the remaining members currently on the deck.

The two crews hung out for a few hours, not doing much. A while later, a dark island appeared on the horizon. Brook yawned. "It's almost nighttime, I'm getting tired. Wait- I'm a skeleton, I can't get tired!"

Nami laughed sarcastically, approaching the shore and tossing the anchor overboard. "Still, we can go tomorrow. Let's anchor here and go ashore tomorrow."