Solangelo fight

"That's it! I can't take it anymore! I'm out! I leave!" Will was shouting crossly and slammed the door behind him. He and Nico had been fighting more frequently than usual.

Nico, fueled by his anger, ran to the door and opened it. He shouted obscenities at Will in Greek and Italian, some of which Michael and Bianca heard, and threw him some of his stuff, which made Will to turn around and yell at Nico too.

After a moment, Michael and Bianca, who were both in her room, heard the door close again. A long silence was the only thing heard in the house.

"Do you think Dad's-?" Bianca started to ask.

"I don't think he stayed." Michael said. He stared at his homework. "I can't do this. I'll simply not hand it in tomorrow."

After a while, Bianca discovered she was also too distracted to finish her homework. "I'll just ask Zoe tomorrow."

Michael frowned but didn't say anything. They both kept quiet before Bianca spoke again.

"I want to speak with Zoe."

"I know, but I don't think Papa is in the mood to take us with Aunt Annabeth and Uncle Percy." Michael stared at the skycrapers in the sky. Luke and his family were in one of those, at the top, and they probably weren't quiet after a strong argument between their parents. And one of them probably hadn't walked off.

"Dinner" Nico called to his kids.

Bianca and Michael exchanged a worried glance when they heard their papa's hoarse voice, but went downstairs, anyway.

Nico was already seated in his usual spot, eating a pomegranate. Michael noticed some medicines in the kitchen and suspected what they were and why they were there, though he didn't ask. He sat on his usual chair and blew on his still hot soup.

Nico concentrated on his pomegranate. Hades had just summoned him on a quest. Fortunately, this time it wasn't a save-the-world quest and didn't have a deadline. Hades really looked sorry for giving him another quest, but said he really needed him. Apparently, he'd lost his helmet and was afraid what someone could do with it, and Nico was of the only people who could carry it, being his son. That left Nico worried. Will had just left, and he didn't want to leave his kids alone, or them returning with nobody home.

On top of it, he was shaking while cooking dinner. It was a simple vegetable soup-minestrone soup- one he could do in his sleep, but he nearly cut his finger, even after years of sword practice. He had to take his pills, and whether the shaking was out of anger, or his anxiety showing, it was going to be an obstacle on the quest.

A quest! Just after he and Will fought and Will left. Who did that sort of thing? But Hades looked really embarrased to ask Nico for help. He still had to worry about who was going to look after his kids.

Reyna and Thalia were with the hunters, and though they loved Michael and Bianca, the hunters wouldn't be happy to take Michael.

Hazel and Frank surely wouldn't mind as well, but Bianca and Michael were already suffering some changes and Nico wanted their lives to stay as normal as possible.

He didn't fully trust Leo with his kids, even if he was a good dad. Another problem was that Leo was single and probably couldn't watch four kids alone.

Austin was on a tour and Kayla at a competition, and Nico was resenting Will at the moment, so they couldn't either.

Annabeth and Percy already had three kids of their own, which was tiring enough. Still, Zoe was Bianca's best friend and Luke was also one of Michael's best friends. Nico didn't want to ask a favor that big, but they seemed the best option.