Red

Their break had ended, Emma and Ray parted ways and ran back to their next class. Ray smiled, admiring every color he saw, but even then, green was the prettiest color. He sat in his class, glancing out the window and half-assing his test answers. There was a cat perched on the window, it's fur was a dark brown with lighter blotches covering it. The cat had bright orange eyes, and it was lazily staring at the trees. I wonder if animals can see colors too...

----------

Emma sat at her desk, humming a tune she'd heard from her dad as a little girl. Her childhood friends, Norman and Eleanor sat on either sides of her. Norman was a tall boy with platinum blonde hair and bright blue eyes, as Emma was now discovering. Her friend Eleanor had thigh length brown hair that she kept in low pigtails and orange eyes. She was gorgeous, in Emma's opinion. Emma stared at all her pens and at her classroom. A red apple figurine on her teacher's desk caught her eye. There was a chart on the wall with all the different colors, and the one labeled 'Red' matched the cartoon-like apple figurine. So that's red, huh? It's kind of pretty.

---------

After class, Emma slouched on her desk and sighed. "Class was so easy today.... Are you sure we're not in sixth grade?" Norman asked, slouching on his desk as well. "You're just stupidly smart, my guy." Eleanor responded back. "I'm not smart, you're all just stupid." He threw a childish glare at Eleanor, pretending to be mad. Emma gasped and dramatically held her hand to her chest. "I'm the third smartest in the school! How dare you insult me! Can't speak for her though. She's stupid as fuck." Eleanor's jaw dropped and Norman slapped the back of Emma's head. "No swearing for you, young child." "I'm older than you, Norman." "But shorter!" He teased, sticking his tongue out.

Eleanor watched the chaos unfold, chuckling. She noticed a tall boy with long dark bangs and dark eyes peek into the classroom. "Is Emma here?" He quietly asked, but nobody else seemed to notice him.

Eleanor felt bad, so she put on a smile and pointed at the back of the classroom. "She's in the back throwing hands with Norman. I wouldn't recommend stopping her, though. He called her short." Ray let out a laugh. "It's the truth, though." "Never let her hear you say that." Eleanor laughed. Ray walked to the back of the classroom, where Emma was practically climbing on the so called 'Norman' like a tree and strangling him. Ray laughed and picked Emma up off the silver haired boy's neck like a cat. "No fighting for you." Emma pouted and jumped down. Emma looked like a baby next to Norman. Norman was around 6'1 and Emma was a measly 5'3. Ray almost burst out laughing and crying just at their height difference.

Norman smiled at Ray and chuckled, "Thanks, man! She's a gremlin." He shot a glare at the orange haired girl, which was returned. "I'm Edohara Norman. What's your name?" "Nakatari Ray. Nice to meet you, Edohara." "Call me Norman, my last name is embarrassing." Ray nodded, maintaining his politeness still.

Emma stood up, dusting off her uniform blazer and clearing her throat. "Anyways, what's up, Ray?" Ray pulled her to the side and whispered, "Why were you killing forehead over there?" "He said I was short." Ray's mouth formed an 'o' and he snickered. Emma headbutted him and hissed. She sighed and pointed to the apple figurine. "What do you think of that color?" "It's pretty. Why?" "Just asking."

"Well, it may be pretty, but it'll never be as pretty as green."