Soulmates

At school the next day, Eleanor was already sleeping when Emma arrived. She shook the brunette awake and growled, "At least try to look awake, and Norman at least try to seem like you're not doing child's play!" She scolded both of them. "But Emmaaaaaa, I didn't get any sleep last night!" Eleanor whined. "And you're making it your grades' problem?" "Yeah." She pouted. "Why didn't you get any sleep?" "The new season of My Dress Up Darling released all in one go (FALSE INFO, MDUD DOES NOT HAVE A NEW SEASON YET), so I binged it and boom it was morning! It's not my fault the sun came so soon." "You know what, I can understand that I binged anime all night with a friend too." "That emo boy from the next class over? I think it was Ray. What'd you watch?" "Yeah that's the one. We watched Oshi no ko and a little bit of Demon Slayer and also a couple seasons of Bungo Stray Dogs." "Is he an otaku?" "Absolutely."

"So is that why you were skipping yesterday?" No that was because I slept in an hour late." Emma lied. "So do you have a thing for emo boy?" Eleanor teased. "Yes- no- I DON'T KNOW!" Emma turned into a flustered mess. Norman looked over and grinned at Eleanor. They had a telepathic understanding as they asked at the same time, the word 'cupid' practically written on their eyes and dangerous grins, "Ohhh Emma! Is he your soulmate?" Emma squeaked in fear.

"Yes....?" Her two friends started giggling maniacally and plotting together. Emma feared for both her and Ray's life, knowing her best friends. "Hey, you two, don't ruin my love life please. And tell me about yours. Have you guys already met your soulmates?"

"Huh? Did we forget to tell you?" Eleanor asked, snapping out of her matchmaker mode. "Yes, you forgot to tell me!" Emma snapped. "Oh! When we were about four, me and Norman found out we were soulmates-" "WHAT?!" "But, no matter how hard we tried, we couldn't see anything more in each other besides being best friends, so we decided that instead of what was normal, we were just platonic soulmates." "You were that smart at four years old?" "Well no, that experiment took a couple years. But I could've sworn we told you about that." "You didn't, assholes." Norman gasped again and bonked her head. "Would you stop with that, already?!"

Platonic soulmates, eh?