Chapter 20 (already?)

Tanjiro's POV ((btw this chapter gets slightly sus but def not smutty and also TYSM for all the positive feedback on the previous chapter(s)!))

Dinner ended. 

Good.

I to finally going to be Monday! Something I never thought I'd think. The next morning, I woke up and immediately thought 'time to go to school, I guess.' On my walk there, I happened to see a recognizable person in front of me, walking as well. I dashed over, throwing my arms around him. "Hey." I said, burying my face into his hair. Muichiro turned around and smiled at me.

"Hey sex o'clock." 

"At least I don't look like I have dwarfism!" 

He scrunched up his nose like he smelled something bad. "You suck!" He exclaimed, shoving me away with all his power—which was barley any. I stood my ground, probably making him even more annoyed. His frown faded, and he giggled, leaning into me. "You suck. But you're warm. So I'll still be around you for now. Maybe I'll leave you eventually." He glanced at me playfully, and I chuckled, holding him close against my chest.

"I agree, you should get rid of all the toxic people in your life. I should too, that's why... I can't do this anymore. We can no longer communicate." I looked away, the back of my hand against my forehead. He snorted, getting himself comfortable in my fluffy winter layers. I kissed the top of his head lightly.

He looked up in surprise, red coloring his ((guess which))cheeks. "You're cute, when you look at me like that." I grinned, leaning down and touching our noses together. "Your shampoo smells nice. Lavender... Head and Shoulders?" I asked, and he squinted at me, his cheeks getting pinker.

"How..I...Im not going to ask.." he replied, while reaching over to adjust my scarf. The one he made for me. "We should get to school." He nodded his head over towards the road, the one leading to the building of terrors. I agreed, and we set out, down the gloomy path of sadness. Or... heaven, actually. Heaven compared to the hell I experienced yesterday.

I laced my fingers through Muichiro's, glancing at him to notice his face turning pink. Humming to myself as we continued down the sidewalk. He raised an eyebrow. "Please tell me that's not the '1, 2 buckle my show' song."

"It's been stuck in my head ever since I remembered those weird kids singing... or was it playing? It in class!" I defended, though I knew it wasn't a good excuse. He shook his head in disappointment. 

"You..." I braced myself, waiting for he was going to say. "You need to buckle your shoes..." he pointed to my untied shoelaces. I suppressed a laugh, before leaning over and tying them. He watched, evaluating my technique. "Why bunny ears?" He snickered, and I stood up, crossing my arms.

"Don't judge my tactics!" I scolded, taking his skinny hand in mine and continuing to walk. It's safe to say, we were definitely going to be late. But it didn't matter to me right now. Because with Muichiro, I'd honestly do anything to hang out with him a little extra.

We ended up skipping school, to go to his house for no reason.

"This..." he pointed sadly at a rock labeled 'Billy Joe'. "This is where my dead hamster lies." We prayed at the grave, then casually stood up and walked into his house to watch the new Duolingo murder documentary that came out on Netflix with mint chocolate chip ice cream ((IT DOES'Nt TASTE LIKE TOOTHPASTE IT IS THE W ICE CREAM FLAVOR😡)) and a most likely expired can of bbq Pringles.

Muichiro's head rested in my lap as I stroked his hair, weaving it between my fingers, admiring its length, the way it twirled and moved in my hand, like a thousand tiny rivers. I soon noticed that he had fallen asleep, so I was as careful as could be to not awake him.